• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Cuda Go Wing Install

jimmycuda71

Reaction score
Guys I could use some help.
This subject has probably been beat to death and i just can't find it. So I apologize in advance.
I have a 71 Barracuda that the previous owner installed a Gull Wing spoiler on. It is a nice spoiler but i believe it was installed to far back on the decklid. The back of the wing hangs over the back of the decklid by several inches. This in not correct is it?

I have tried to find some install instructions to get measurements from to check it. I have searched all over the internet and Mopar forums and have decided that the 71 wing position measurements must be Top Secret. I cannot find them anywhere.

Can anyone please scan and send me the install instructions for a 71 gull wing if they have them. Or tell me what the correct decklid position measurements should be.
I am not sure if you can send an attachment with a PM.
If not PM me and i will send you my email address.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks
Jimmy

challenger6pak

Reaction score
What you need as a Chrysler Engineering Drawing. Chrysler does not want them posted on the internet. Send a PM to me with your address. I will email a copy, if I have it, of the drawing with the measurement.
Tod

ksipes1

Reaction score
Try this site. Should be all the info you need. Worked well for me!
http://www.jonsteiger.com/www/barracuda/GO_WING/
Guys I could use some help.
This subject has probably been beat to death and i just can't find it. So I apologize in advance.
I have a 71 Barracuda that the previous owner installed a Gull Wing spoiler on. It is a nice spoiler but i believe it was installed to far back on the decklid. The back of the wing hangs over the back of the decklid by several inches. This in not correct is it?

I have tried to find some install instructions to get measurements from to check it. I have searched all over the internet and Mopar forums and have decided that the 71 wing position measurements must be Top Secret. I cannot find them anywhere.

Can anyone please scan and send me the install instructions for a 71 gull wing if they have them. Or tell me what the correct decklid position measurements should be.
I am not sure if you can send an attachment with a PM.
If not PM me and i will send you my email address.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks
Jimmy

jimmycuda71

Reaction score
I am not sure that information on the Jon Sreiger web site is correct for a 71 model with a gull wing. Maybe a 70 model with a go wing. I am not sure if the 70 and 71 were in the same place or not.
His site said 5 5/8" from back of decklid to first hole. That is about were someone had installed the wing on my car at. And it doesn't look even close to right. the wing hangs plum over the back edge of the decklid.
I contacted yearone and the reply I got from them said that 8 5/8" is correct for the 71 model with a gull wing. 3" is about how much to far back that mine looks to be.

Avalanche

Reaction score
I believe that 8 1/2" from back of the trunk (edge) to the first hole of the pedestal is correct.

Back