• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 71 Cuda project with Hemi crate engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
3A703122-461B-4DD2-A7E3-7B9F0644E82C.jpeg
5F3F1D7E-BB49-4DDE-BB21-0124DD473E23.jpeg
7DF41CC6-455D-4E6D-BC59-BD7B4FE8BAC9.jpeg
48E474A5-A197-4C74-B168-7DE3AF060935.jpeg
AFA77DBA-1DEF-4FED-AA1E-19D19F8BB583.jpeg
93177F38-8B5D-4857-882C-21C14519CF6C.jpeg
83F12BA8-2C43-49E4-A39A-57AD9301B415.jpeg
Looking to do a Hemi recreation? I have the perfect 71 Cuda to do so. This is a true BS code 71 Cuda. It started its life Originally as a 383 Plum Crazy, 4 Speed car with ralley dash. Body numbers match VIN and title. There is a brand new Hemi crate engine from Mopar Performance that was purchased for the Car along with a new Dana rear end and a new pair of Hooker Competition headers.Someone already put a shaker hood on the car and is in great shape and there is a shaker bubble only for it. Apparently a Hemi recreation was the direction the previous owner was heading with this car. Also bought new that goes with the car is a left trunk floor dropoff,right trunk floor dropoff,left outer wheelhousing and a 2 piece trunk floor. Previous owner did have the underside sandblasted so it gives you a great prospective on the true condition of the structure on the car. Pretty nice for an E Body close to 50 years old. Front floor,firewall,cowl,front inner fenders,rockers all look to be in great shape.A small driver front section of floor has already been grafted in. Very nice clean job that's virtually undetectable from the underside. Some small pinholes on the right side of the torsion bar crossmember and some minor rot on the typical outer skin of the rear rails at the shackle supports. Sometime in its life someone put on both 1\4 skins and a right outer wheelhousing. Still solid and usable if you choose to do so.There is some old patchwork done on the trunkfloor in the center. There is a new 2 piece trunk floor with the car and you can decide how far you want to go with the repair. Trunk lid has a couple dents in it and the rear inside lip has a little rot. Fenders are pretty decent for the most part. Bottoms of the fenders have some old work that would need redone. Same with the front corners of the doors and front of roof at the windshield area. was a vinyl top car originally. Some of the expensive to replace items are in great shape. Original 3 speaker dash pad is really nice. will need the speaker grilles. Grille assembly itself has minor cracks but intact and not all busted out with chunks missing. Front inside door panels are also pretty nice. Rear ones are just average. Seat frames are proper for the Car and need recovered. Some of the interior trim pieces are missing. Headliner bows are there. No radio. I do have the 4 speed tranny that came with the car. Shifter mechanism is there but pistol grip is not. There are some miscellaneous pieces missing here and there but are all common parts and not hard to find. I have the complete package reasonably priced for everything at 39,995.00. I may consider selling the Car separate from the Hemi engine,Dana rear and headers or vice versa, but I would like to sell it as a package first. I’m already involved in finishing up another 71 and have another one to get started on so I don’t see myself getting to this one anytime soon.

F70C5563-124A-423A-B268-9057C23B40B4.jpeg

28C0A28F-31DC-4D24-B45B-F712BC77BD29.jpeg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What is the fender tag readout please.
Is there a build sheet?
Any pics of the underneath?
Or pics of the problem areas? Or the old patch's?

wingman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, yes send me either and email address or text number and I can send you more pictures. There is no fender tag or build sheet for the car

wingman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the car has a clean PA title in my name. There is no fender tag or build sheet.No I am not interested in any trades. Thanks

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Honestly, since there is no fender tag or build sheet that knocks me off the list as perspective buyer. Sorry but I can't buy one without a tag. I'm sure someone is interested here. GlWs

wingman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, since there is no fender tag or build sheet that knocks me off the list as perspective buyer. Sorry but I can't buy one without a tag. I'm sure someone is interested here. GlWs
Thats why this is the perfect car to do a Hemi Conversion

aussiemark

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fender tag missing isn't the end of the world for this car as it is not going to be a matching numbers restoration so who cares what it had when new. As long as it has the VIN and all the stamped numbers match the VIN you can tell what it was from that. I can see the value the engine is worth half the asking price and a decent 71 Cuda with a Dana has to be worth the rest.

wingman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fender tag missing isn't the end of the world for this car as it is not going to be a matching numbers restoration so who cares what it had when new. As long as it has the VIN and all the stamped numbers match the VIN you can tell what it was from that. I can see the value the engine is worth half the asking price and a decent 71 Cuda with a Dana has to be worth the rest.

wingman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn’t have said it any better than that! You wouldn’t take a completely matching number car with original drivetrain, build sheet and fender tag and do a Hemi conversion anyway.

aussiemark

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly, you get to build a Hemi Cuda clone using a real Cuda without feeling guilty of destroying a matching numbers car and it will work out cheaper as well. I am sure once it is built and that Hemi roars to life the missing fender tag will be the last thing on your mind.

383charger

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your listing still says the car is for sale, is it or has it been sold. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back