• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Cuda seat upholstery

tonysrt

Reaction score
I have a 71 Cuda with the original interior and I think it was the ugliest of all Mopar muscle cars. I was thinking of going with the 70 pleated seats and using the foam for the 70 on my 71 seats. The car can never be original because it has a 472 Crate Hemi, 5 speed Tremic and Dana rear. Even A bodies had a nicer interior.

rklein71

Reaction score
I second you on the 71 upholstery, 70 is much better. I am thinking doing either aftermarket or late model seats from another car for mine. Rod

IMG_3721.JPG

rogue

Reaction score
PA120016.JPG
i'm not a fan of the 71 interior either so i went custom with a local upholstery shop

tonysrt

Reaction score
Later this week I'm going to call Legendary and see if anything else could be used. Maybe 70 cuda with that year foam. The parts manual doesn't list the seat frame or back so nothing can be figured out from there. I'll keep you posted on outcome. The 71 leather looks nice, but not for $900. Your custom interior looks nice, but would it be affordable doing front and rear. Legendary on sale now is $511 plus the foam for another $300. Even with the 71 leather you still have to go for the foam.

rogue

Reaction score
as far as cost it's been at least 10 years since it was done so what i paid then is probably not what you'd pay now... if nothing else estimates are usually free so it would not hurt to check out some local shops to see what they'd charge.

sportster2000

Reaction score
On a side note does anyone know if the seat foam from earlier years will fit in the seats of a 74?

tonysrt

Reaction score
Try calling Legendary to see if they can answer that question. As I said earlier you can't find out any info on seat frames from the parts manual. I was trying to see if the seat frames were the same on the E bodies and A bodies to see how can improve the look of the ugly 71' seats.

sportster2000

Reaction score
Just from looking at Year One and their parts selection they don't list parts for the 74 seats except for new covers and mine are in a dire need of new springs and foam. I cleaned the seats really well thinking that the brown on them was dirt. Turns out it was the real color and boy are they hideous.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
On a side note does anyone know if the seat foam from earlier years will fit in the seats of a 74?
No. The seat are made differently. 74 has the foam formed on the frame. The earlier seats had the foam as a separate part of the seat from the frame.

tonysrt

Reaction score
Is that only for E bodies that they did that for? Because they just came out with foam for 73-76 A bodies which I'll be ordering this week for my 74 duster. I'll also order 70 Foam for Cuda and the 70 seat upholstery to replace the 71 stuff.

Back