• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 "Cuda"

clamcake

Reaction score
The little 318 car is now a 383. Plugging along.

Cuda K member Underside.jpeg

Cuda 383.jpg

Cuda Dash Shifter.JPG

clamcake

Reaction score
Originally a 318 904 car with AC and am/fm radio, power steering and power disc brakes. It was also a bucket seat car with auto console (hard to get the 4 speed console that I have now!!). The vinyl roof created problems for me as the roof needed to be replaced, the trunk floor and drop offs and full quarters; amazingly, the rest of the car was MINT. Swapped drivetrains (now 383 and a833 with 3:55 sure grip 489 case). I hope to encourage other amateurs who want to do an E body. WELL WORTH IT!

tonysrt

Reaction score
I did you 1 better with my 71 Cuda with a 472 Hemi, a Tremec 5 speed along with a Dana rear. Now if I could only improve the gas mileage I'll be happier. I tried Fi tech F.I. and it didn't help economy at all.

Fishgutz

Reaction score
Your project is coming along very nicely, love to see the 383’s getting built. That’s what mine came with and I decided to keep it that way. Not quite stock anymore. We’ll fire it up sometime after the new year.
Please post updates as progress continues.

BBC38D78-AEC3-4D6E-9453-C881A10D5CBA.jpeg

R4Sedan

Reaction score
Yep, Nice job guys. My Challenger was born with 383 also. can't bring myself to take it out. It's a really great engine.:thumbsup:

Back