• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

72 Challenger Drag Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark029

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 72 Challenger with a square tube chassis. Chassis is not certified and never has been. I'm sure it could be just never have done it because where we're at the tracks are not sanctioned tracks. Anyway, it has a dana 60 in the rear either Mark Williams or Strange axles. Wilwood disk brakes front and rear. The front is a A-arm set up and 4 link in the rear. Everything is fiberglass except the roof and quarters. The doors and fenders are new. Aluminum interior with two seats. Has B&M quarter stick for a power glide, air shifter, dedenbear crossover delay box, overhead control panel with nitrous controls, MSD 7AL-2, and a MSD 2 Step. There's no motor in the car but it comes with a 400 block, set of 906 heads that have had a mild port job, a set of 915 heads that would need rebuilding, two extra sets of gears, crane roller rockers, Team G intake for a RB, 440 Steel crank ( factory) and a powerglide with trans brake ( bell housing is busted). I'm sure there is something I'm forgetting here. Now, the stuff it needs. It will need tires, brake pads, new lexan windshield and side windows and painting. Car ran consitant 5.30s in the 1/8 mile. Asking $8500.00. I'll send pics as requested. Thanks for looking, Mark.

Last edited:

mark029

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures

I dcided to go ahead and post some pics on here. Anybody have any idea how I do this? Any help would be appreciated.

mark029

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured it out!!!!!!!!

Here are the pics.

[

challenger pics 016.jpg

challenger pics 017.jpg

challenger pics 018.jpg

challenger pics 019.jpg

challenger pics 020.jpg

challenger pics 021.jpg

challenger pics 022.jpg

challenger pics 023.jpg

challenger pics 024.jpg

mark029

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or best offer. I need to get rid of this thing. It's in my way. Anybody??

moparal

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont see the area you live in, the phone number or anything. Where you at?

moparal

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im about 160 miles away from you in Cullman off I-65

Im a few k short of your asking price. What's the bottom line?

mark029

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why dont you give me a call and we'll discuss that over the phone or if you would like you can give me you number and I'll call you. Thanks, Mark

moparal

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mark, good to talk to you. Please send me your address. I will come and look at it. I want to see what is needed for engine plates, trans mounts, drive shaft, trans cooler , exhaust stuff, do you have any of this stuff? Curious as to the wieght of the car and the time you mentioned if it was on gas or nitros. What gears are in it now? What's wrong with the other hood? Do you have the old doors and fenders?

moparal

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to meet you today Mark. I will buy it. I will be back down Sat or Sunday with trailer and cash in hand. Please start locating all the parts in one location and let me know if you have found anything else. I will get things moved around in my shop throu out the week Email me with the other parts for a parts list...ALAN

mark029

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called the girl that may have the flywheel but I havent heard from her yet. As soon as I do I'll head over there and look for it. In the mean time I'll be gathering everything up in one spot. Thanks, Mark

mark029

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The car is for sale again. I've dropped the price to $7500.00. It is also listed on ebay. Auction #150366190851.

mark029

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buyer had some issues come up. I think he still wants it, he just needs to work those issues out before he goes through with the deal.

I thought it was too. The buyer had some issues come up at the last minute. I do think he still wants it, he just needs to take care of those issues first.

Last edited by a moderator:

moparal

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don, I wasnt able to purchase it saturday. I still want it, but legal issues with the other shop is stopping me right now. I am working on the issues right now, but fear this might slip away from me

mark029

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the car still hasn't sold. Not alot of people buying these days. So it's still for sale. Maybe I just need to finish eberything up and maybe put a motor in it. I don't know, what do you guys think?

mark029

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a CNC milling center. A guy in Illinois bought it with intentions of putting it on the street. I never heard from Al anymore. Not sure what the deal there was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back