• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

72 Challenger in My Shop

terrywalker

Reaction score
This 72 Challenger I brought home Friday is my latest project. I got it from a friend who figured he'd never get it done and wanted someone to do something with it. It's a plain Jane car. I want to turn it into a regularly street driven car so I'm not worried about originality. I owned this car for a short time around 2005 and traded it to my friend in exchange for my 74 Charger Rallye that he had bought for the trade. He recently bought a Challenger Hellcat Redeye and had no desire to put this 72 back together, so I now have it. I'll put a 360 in it with fuel injection for street-ability. My grandson wants to switch it to a 4 speed. He also wants to change it to a 70 Challenger look alike. It's missing a front clip but I have a complete 70 front end. He wants to put in 70 tail lights and side marker lights. We'll see how it goes. It has rust only by the hood hinge area and a 2 inch spot on lower rear quarter. Only surface rust after sitting out several years in the dry climate we have here. A very solid car. So, here's some photos of what I'm starting with.
Terry W.

Drvr Inner Fender.jpg

Prestart 9.jpg

PRESTART 8.jpg

terrywalker

Reaction score
A few more. I welded in all the holes from side moldings and vinyl top moldings when I owned the car before. I figure a couple hours of welding to repair.

Prestart 12.jpg

Fender Tag.jpg

Prestart 15.jpg

Rapidfire

Reaction score
Nice solid car to build on! I like the 4 speed idea and the fact that your grandson is interested in the project! That's just cool!

Back