• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

72 Challenger tail light panel

69hemibeep

Reaction score
Ok that's what it is now. My brother painted the car Plum crazy and it looks a little funny and we thought dark argent would work better. He's not a purest it's a fun type car so I'll let him know Thanks.

Ray Butcher

Reaction score
The above answers are correct only if it is a Rallye (argent silver with black inset at the taillights). If not a Rallye then the opposite (black with argent silver inset).
Info from an original 1972 sales video featuring the man who sold more challengers than any other single person. I will post a link as soon as I can pry it from this computer.

Ray Butcher

Reaction score
I just looked at the video again, I got it reversed. It is black on Rallye and Argent on the regular challenger. My bad:(

69hemibeep

Reaction score
Now are you talking silver argent or dark argent on a regular challenger?

challenger6pak

Reaction score
It would be the lighter argent like the 71 Challenger grille. Is your car a Rallye? It would be black then. I based my first answer on 72 Challenger.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Interesting that in the 1972 demo film, the rallye dash had the odometer and clock resets in the dash panel rather then in the actual gauge pod.
I thought 72 and on had the controls in the gauge pod?
Dino2.gif

Ray Butcher

Reaction score
I didn't even notice that paharamia, I will have to check my dash when I get it out of storage. I only found the film because I am re-doing the car and wanted the tail panel correct so that is all I really paid attention to. Still neat to see something from back then. Probably should have put a time stamp on where the tail panel stuff was.

Back