• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

72 Cuda Drip Rail questions / Window trim

Joemoy29

Reaction score
Thanks in advance. My body guy took all the stuff off and didn't mark anything so I have some questions. From what I gather I am looking at drip rails and drip rail moldings. the drip rail is what holds the weather strip? and the molding is the chrome trim part of the door opening?

It is very hard to tell from pictures online. I brought my trim to a metal finisher and I got some HIGH prices to polish the trim, and I am not sure if they are OEM or not as the car was "restored" once before. I was looking at repot and it looks like AMD has the drip rail but it is black and mine is aluminum? is any of the drip rail exposed?

I have the window trim off the car and its not horrible but the guy again gave me a HIGH price to polish it and then told me I had to go somewhere else to get them coated so the polish lasts a long time?

Just looking for some suggestions and clarifications.

Thanks

Rich G.

Reaction score
Are you sure you’re looking at the right thing in AMD . The drip rail is welded to the roof. That’s what is black from AMD. Drip rail moldings are stainless. I don’t think any makes the weather strip channel.

Joemoy29

Reaction score
Ok so that is called a weather strip channel. I always called it roof or door gutter. So much to learn lol

Rich G.

Reaction score
So true and to answer your question you don’t see the channel once the weather strip is in.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
And it’s stainless so it doesn’t need a coating put on it to preserve it, who is this guy that did your trim???

Back