• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

72 Cuda out of hibernation

DesertCuda

Reaction score
Good evening everyone, joined here years ago when I found my Cuda in Palm Springs, and now after years of moving around I'm actually getting a little time to really dig it and take on some restoration work. Started researching a lot, and looking forward to learning more here.
IMG_20200404_165634.jpg

fasjac

Reaction score
Nice ride DesertCuda! And welcome from Little Rock

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome back to the site from Michigan. Nice looking Cuda, it doesn't look like it needs much.

DesertCuda

Reaction score
Thanks everyone - I was fortunate that the body was in good shape when I got her back in 2011. Had to do a lot of work on the electronics and a few safety issues years ago. Next is the engine - I want to do some light mx over the summer, but really my goal is to build a plan for the winter to rebuild. I don't have any XXX HP goals, just to make her fun and reliable with a power curve applicable to the street. Seems mostly stock, but has a Carter AVS from a 70/71 383 (thanks internet), and an old Mallory ignition coil. The rest really looks pretty much stock from what I can tell (without much MOPAR wisdom) but I have more research to do. I will post my engine ideas separately for inputs once I get a few more details.

IMG_20200505_071300.jpg

fk5aar

Reaction score
Maybe 26 inch radiator also, looks good!

Back