• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

727 Auto Gear Shift Connector Questions

RANDY LOBERGER

Reaction score
Hooking up my linkage, 1970 Challenger T/A, but my transmission does not have the gear shift connector. I see some on ebay but not sure what the 1970 should look like. I assume I need 2? One to attach my floor shifter linkage rod, and another one going to my steering wheel lock out rod? Or do they make one unit with 2 holes for the both of these rods? I am referring to the part that hooks to the gear selector stub on the tranny. Anyone with a picture of the right ones or if anyone has these units for sale let me know.

Thanks

Moparparts

Reaction score
Your trans should have 2 levers, the bottom one is for your shifter linkage and the top one is for your kickdown/throttle pressure rod. I have both original levers available, PM me if interested

RANDY LOBERGER

Reaction score
Not sure how to PM on this site, if you can contact me I will reply. I am interested in the lower lever, I will be buying a kick down complete set which I believe will provide me the upper one. I still need another lever however to hook to the linkage for my steering column lock.

RANDY LOBERGER

Reaction score
I have found diagrams of both levers, but have not seen a picture with both actually installed. It appears the shift lever may be straight and the steering column lock has a 90 degree bend?

moparleo

Reaction score
Scroll down the pictures and see if anything helps. Click on the PDF linkage adjustments at the bottom of the page. It has a few pages from the service manual and shows both console and column linkage pictures.

727 CONSOLE LINKAGE B-BODY.jpg

340 THROTTLE LINKAGE.jpg

Attachments

• TFLITE-LINKAGE-ADJUST.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 509
Last edited:

RANDY LOBERGER

Reaction score
Thanks a ton. That does answer my question. It appears the shifter linkage and column lock attach to the same arm. The lower linkage rod that I purchased may have to be modified or exchanged however. I don't believe the stud on mine is long enough to accept the transmission arm and also extend through the forward linkage to the column lock out.

But again, thanks a lot. Great site, great people.

Moparparts

Reaction score
Not sure how to PM on this site, if you can contact me I will reply. I am interested in the lower lever, I will be buying a kick down complete set which I believe will provide me the upper one. I still need another lever however to hook to the linkage for my steering column lock.
I just sent you a PM click on your inbox top right of the page and you should get it

Back