• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

727 Transmission Crossmember & Engine Wiring Harness

Cuda 440-6

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm a new member of the "For E Bodies Only" forum and I'm in the process of restoring a 1974 Barracuda.

I'm prepping to install a freshly rebuilt 440-6 Pack Stroker Engine and freshly rebuilt 727 Automatic Transmission with a Pistol Grip shift kit. The original 727 Transmission Crossmember was a little rusty and weak and I'm looking to add a beefier Crossmember to handle 590HP. I'm having difficulty finding a new replacement Crossmember that would bolt-in without additional fabrication. Anyone have a suggestion on where I could find one and a part number, etc.?

I also have a new Engine Wiring Harness I'm looking to install. I didn't get a chance to take some pictures of the old harness that came out and now I find myself scratching my head as I try to get the new harness installed correctly. The original 440 engine used a points distributor and the new harness I have is for the freshly rebuilt 440-6 with electronic ignition. Anyone have some pics I could use and also a suggestion on where to find a new Engine Bay Wiring Harness Strap & Fastener Kit?

I look forward to your comments and joining in on other discussions!

Thanks,
Cuda 440-6

Back