• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

73 Challenger door latch questions

Stockcar axeman

Reaction score
I am restoring my Challenger and I haven't had any luck finding repro door latches and was wondering what most do for these? Can you restore them or do you just buy repros? Thanks for any advice.

Pepe70

Reaction score
I do not see a company that reproduce door latch for e body.
The only way is to buy a used one, probably you can find some on ebay

Stockcar axeman

Reaction score
I do not see a company that reproduce door latch for e body.
The only way is to buy a used one, probably you can find some on ebay
I was kind of wondering if I just didn't look at all of the usual places. I have the original ones and they worked fine 30 + years ago so I guess I'll clean them up and use as is. Thanks for the response!

Pepe70

Reaction score
I was kind of wondering if I just didn't look at all of the usual places. I have the original ones and they worked fine 30 + years ago so I guess I'll clean them up and use as is. Thanks for the response!
Yes that is what you have to do clean them up and put some lubricant and should work fine.

cuda joe

Reaction score
I took them and everything that got plated to a local plating shop he cadmium plated screws ashtray ac lines i mean everything i bead blasted ground out rust pits and polished the metal first

Stockcar axeman

Reaction score
Well I am now looking for a passenger side latch as I can't find mine and the car is at the body shop now and they need it to do the job. Any help appreciated. I have put an ad in the parts wanted section but thought I'd get as much exposure as I can as I need it asap and I had this thread going already. Thanks for any help.

Back