• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

'74 Cuda restoration in progess

marxfish

Reaction score
Here's where we're at as of last weekend. All the sheet metal is off that can come off, engine and tranny are out (318, 904 auto) just a rolling chassis now. All that's left is the heater box, steering column and what's left of the wiring harness. Plans from here, are to replace the rusted front floor section, sections of the cowl where it meets the windshield, trunk extensions, and need to locate some good used steel fenders. Had glass ones, prefer steel. Quarters are still in very good condition, but rear frame rails are finished... like "poke your finger through" finished. Anyone know of some good sources for used sheet metal? I'd rather go used than repro if possible. Any chance anyone knows of some places in Canada or Ontario to be more specific? Thanks and keep watching for updates.

JanuaryResto 001.jpg

JanuaryResto 003.jpg

JanuaryResto 005.jpg

JanuaryResto 006.jpg

JanuaryResto 007.jpg

ramenth

Reaction score
Lookin' good.

Good luck on the frame rails search. We have some members here who may be able to help you out with what you need.

74CudaDave

Reaction score
Love it! Not every day you see a snow-blower parked next to your project car (parked ON snow), now do ya? Atta boy!!

burntorange70

Reaction score
Nice looking project. Good luck on the build. Maybe try starting a thread in the parts wanted section here if you are looking for used parts.

burdar

Reaction score
So what did you start with? Let's see some pictures of it before you started taking it apart.

What are your plans? Are you going to stuff a big block in it or are you doing a stock restoration?

marxfish

Reaction score
So what did you start with? Let's see some pictures of it before you started taking it apart.

What are your plans? Are you going to stuff a big block in it or are you doing a stock restoration?

Check out the "lets see em" thread to see what I started with. I have a few pics in my profile page also.

Not going with a big block, I prefer the sound of a strong small block when it hits the high RPMs... I pulled the 318 and have a friend whos gonna sell me his 360 he pulled from his '74 Challenger when he won a hemi crate engine. So it's not a stock resto, per say, but definitely period correct.

Thanks for looking.

73b3challenger

Reaction score
Nice project .I see your in Timmins cool am in Kapuskasing i finish my 73 challenger last year i hope to drive to Timmins a few time this year.Maybe il get to meat you .

marxfish

Reaction score
Nice project .I see your in Timmins cool am in Kapuskasing i finish my 73 challenger last year i hope to drive to Timmins a few time this year.Maybe il get to meat you .

That would be great. I was wondering if there would be any more people from Northern Ontario on here.

How big of a project was your challenger? Id love to know how much work was involved with yours and where you got a lot of your parts.

Thanks.

73b3challenger

Reaction score
My project was a big one from fram rail to quather panel just about every thing .I have pic of it in an other site call Cuda-Challenger.com .Also lot of pic in there .I also have a few more car ,i whent to Timmins whit my 35 ford coup Orange a few time to the show and shine at the Giant tige .I also no a few guy that have cars in Timmins,Her a pic of my car

parts 020.jpg

Back