• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

74 ralley speedo works but needle starts at 100mph - how to reset to 0

Cmuller0420

Reaction score
Hey

Speedo needle rests at 100, but functions properly aside from that (just replaced cable).

How do you adjust the needle position back to zero?

Thanks

RJH

Reaction score
The needle just presses on a little shaft. You may need to use a sheet of paper to protect the face and #'s , gently pry up on the needle with your finger nails. Re-align at zero and gently press the needle back on.

Cmuller0420

Reaction score
The needle just presses on a little shaft. You may need to use a sheet of paper to protect the face and #'s , gently pry up on the needle with your finger nails. Re-align at zero and gently press the needle back on.

Thanks - and my first time pulling it apart. Can that be done without removing the whole gauge cluster?

RJH

Reaction score
If you can remove the push pins from the clear lens, then yes you could leave the main cluster in the car. You may have to remove the screws that mount the cluster to the dash frame and pull the cluster forward enough to remove the push pins and clear lens. Good luck.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Hey

Speedo needle rests at 100, but functions properly aside from that (just replaced cable).

How do you adjust the needle position back to zero?

Thanks
There is a small calibration plate behind the face attached to the spring sometimes they slip due to lack of tension (needs to be turned anticlockwise to reset zero , i just done mine same problem had to put a dab of superglue to the movement it is quite a delicate area of the speedo do not touch the spring itself

Back