• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

A picture for you C-Body Mopar Fans Out There!

340challconvert

Reaction score
Any C-Body Mopar Fans Out There!
Dino2 (2).gif

C BODY MOPARS.jpg

340challconvert

Reaction score
Really like that 64 Imperial Crown convertible. Does it have the original 413?
Found this shot of a 64 auctioned at Sotheby's
Dino2 (2).gif

Phoenix%202017_282_Imperial_1964_Crown_Convertible_9243105242_Overall.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Yes it does have its original engine and it’s a nicely optioned car. Originally charcoal with a red interior and black top, lots of power options but no ac, which I’m fine with. Also a California black plate car. I’m pretty excited about that one. The green ‘67 will be for sale this spring after some needed repairs. It also has its original engine. I should also mention that the transport rig is not mine, I had them delivered a few weeks ago.

Reaction score
Pretty awesome collection of Imperials Matt! Makes me wish I had kept my 72 Imperial Lebaron 2 Dr Ht
Or My 70 300 2Dr Ht

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Thanks Man! My silver ‘67 is by far my favorite car. I was actually buying some NOS goodies for my silver car and a month later I ended up with the 2 cars and a pretty sizable collection of parts, rare literature and even a few Mopar factory and dealer trinkets.

340challconvert

Reaction score
When I saw the car carrier; you started to look like a classic car dealer!!!:steering:
Nice collection

Yes it does have its original engine and it’s a nicely optioned car. Originally charcoal with a red interior and black top, lots of power options but no ac, which I’m fine with. Also a California black plate car. I’m pretty excited about that one. The green ‘67 will be for sale this spring after some needed repairs. It also has its original engine. I should also mention that the transport rig is not mine, I had them delivered a few weeks ago.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
The only C-body I lust after is the 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT... big two door car, hidden headlights, and hopefully a 440; sign me up!

Like this:

1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT Hardtop Burnished Red Poly fvl (2005 WW@WD DCTC) DSCN7158 - Picture Gallery
That’s a good choice but a very typical one along with the ‘70 300 Hurst cars. If there was as much interest in those back when they were new as there is now there’d be a lot more of them around today.
My absolute favorite C-body would be the ‘66 300. The slabside C’s have so much more character then the fuselage era imo..
I would take one of each of these in 2 door hdtp, vert & 4 door hdtp.:thumbsup:
8FF0711C-7F48-4A59-98E4-C20A7CD6DE38.jpeg
25DCEB1E-87EE-4644-8646-7535D74771F7.jpeg
106CB96D-C485-41C4-8A07-082A23E5CE4F.jpeg

moparlee

Reaction score
That’s a good choice but a very typical one along with the ‘70 300 Hurst cars. If there was as much interest in those back when they were new as there is now there’d be a lot more of them around today.
My absolute favorite C-body would be the ‘66 300. The slabside C’s have so much more character then the fuselage era imo..
I would take one of each of these in 2 door hdtp, vert & 4 door hdtp.:thumbsup:

I can see why that's your favorite. There is a lot to like about it.

DrEamer

Reaction score
Not sure why that one hasn’t sold.

This whole thread has me thinking about this. The C body never really has been in high demand as a classic. They were overshadowed by the muscle cars of the day. They were the family cruiser, and luxury car. Then again, the other full size cars of the era, with a few exceptions, shared the same fate. Look at the market of a Mustang versus a Galaxy 500, or a Impala verses a Camaro. I do however think the big cars have became more popular as a less expensive alternative to the muscle cars, plus realizing they truly are a cool car. I personally have memories of riding in the back of my parents 1965 Impala SS, and 1974 Pontiac Gran Prix SJ with a 455. Both cars were the hot rod versions, and held their own. My sister and I leaned to drive in the Grand Prix. We both made a few small block Chevy owners wonder what we had under the hood as the big beast rolled away from them. My love for the Sport Fury came from driving by a white 1966 with chrome side pipes and nice wheels every Sunday. I had to beg my dad to stop and let me look at it. While I still prefer the E bodies, there still is nothing much cooler then driving a comfortable battle cruiser. My wife has developed a liking towards wagons, so a big C body may be next on the list.

Last edited:
Back