• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

AAR hood on eBay - $4,000???

Righty Tighty

Reaction score
I’ve been watching this listing for a few weeks now, and over time the seller has raised the price. I think it started out around $1200, then it was $2500, now he wants $4000? And it’s damaged! What am I missing here?

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Nothing has brought up the prices of these hoods.
They are reproduced by several companies and that is what keeps the price of original hoods low.
I would say 1000 was worth the hood plus the 400 to ship it. But not much more than that.
Somewhere on CL there is another one for 800 with damage like this one.

Righty Tighty

Reaction score
So I'm not crazy - that's good. When I first started watching the listing, I thought the price was reasonable. Steep, but reasonable. Then when I saw the seller raised the price by more than a thousand dollars, I thought something was up.

Sometimes, and I've been a part of these transactions, a seller will list something at an outrageous price simply because he knows nobody will buy it, and he's already made an agreement with a prospective buyer who will make an offer at a previously agreed upon price. The outrageous price is simply a deterrent so that his buyer can make the offer they agreed upon.

But this hood isn't selling, and he (or she) keeps raising the price? I don't really care about the hood, at this point I'm more just curious as to what's going on here.

gzig5

Reaction score
I've seen sellers relist at a considerably higher price and whatever it is sells right away. Must be something like when they release the reserve in an auction and the bidding goes through the roof. Doesn't always happen, but does often enough.

budascuda

Reaction score
As if they want to take revenge from the prospective buyers, for not buying itt the first time around..
Morbid, that's all!

70chall440

Reaction score
Well this is a good example of what the hobby has devolved into, too many "car guys" are just opportunists' trying to make bank off of their fellow enthusiasts.

Righty Tighty

Reaction score
Sad, but you’re probably right. However, I think there are still enough good ones out there to keep me in the game. I’m pretty new to old cars, and my experience being welcomed into the car community has been wonderful, I think in large part due to forums like this one and FABO.

70chall440

Reaction score
There are a lot of very good people in the hobby to be sure, unfortunately its the minority of A holes that make the most noise and biggest impression.

57fury440

Reaction score
I agree. Most people in the hobby are good people. There are always a few looking to make a killing on either a car or parts they have for sale.

Back