• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

About the gap between the brake booster and the master cylinder.

RYO5566

Reaction score
Hello! I replaced the brake booster and master cylinder to change the brake system. I tried to install it, but there is a gap of 1 inch or more between the brake booster and the master cylinder. It is not enough (approximately 0.2 inches) to fully adjust the rod of the brake booster. There was an image of attaching a spacer to the master cylinder, but I could not find the product. If you understand, please tell me how to do it. Also, although it is a gap, is 0.20 inch correct as shown in this image? The brake booster is 760171 of the summit, and the master cylinder is baer6801300LP.
thank you for reading it until the very end!

20201122_145736.jpg

20201122_145751.jpg

20201122_145759.jpg

Booster-Depth-2.jpg

unnamed%20(2).jpg

moparleo

Reaction score
As you can see on your pictures, the oe master has a nose that goes into the booster and the Baer does not. It looks like the part that Mopar Nut shows is missing. But you should be asking Baer, not us what is missing as they are the ones that made the part and it is different from the Mopar Factory part. If we recommend the incorrect part and your brakes don't work who can you blame ?

RYO5566

Reaction score
Are you talking about the push rod being too short? When I bought the Baer Remaster like the Silver one shown above I was missing what Baer calls a bullet.

[/URL]

View attachment 78285

Thank you for your polite answer! I looked at baer's site but couldn't find it because I wasn't looking for it. By the way, I think that something like a black pointed spacer was enclosed! I will check it again. The length of the spacer in the photo you sent me is similar to the current gap, so I was relieved to know the cause!

RYO5566

Reaction score
As you can see on your pictures, the oe master has a nose that goes into the booster and the Baer does not. It looks like the part that Mopar Nut shows is missing. But you should be asking Baer, not us what is missing as they are the ones that made the part and it is different from the Mopar Factory part. If we recommend the incorrect part and your brakes don't work who can you blame ?

Thank you for your polite answer! It seems that there was a spacer on the baer site as mentioned earlier. The advice was saved! If you have another chance, thank you!

moparleo

Reaction score
The reason that I always recommend to contact the manufacturer/tech dept. directly is because the wrong part might have gone into the box or they do make revisions/upgrades to parts and you might have not gotten the current part. The catalog will only show what they had at the time the catalog was printed. Sometimes catalogs are not updated for a long time.

RYO5566

Reaction score
The reason that I always recommend to contact the manufacturer/tech dept. directly is because the wrong part might have gone into the box or they do make revisions/upgrades to parts and you might have not gotten the current part. The catalog will only show what they had at the time the catalog was printed. Sometimes catalogs are not updated for a long time.

thank you for the advice! When I checked the contents of the set, something like a spacer was enclosed! I will try it on!

Back