• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

AC/heater box removal

John h

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea if I could drag the heater/ac box out of the drivers door? I'm planning on dropping mine soon to rebuild but the car is on a lift with the passenger door fairly close to a counter top and I can't open the door very wide. I was planning on pulling the seats for extra room inside to work, the drivers door can open all the way up. Trying to not have to re arrange the garage to pull the car out and back it onto the lift.

Thanks
John

moparleo

Reaction score
Yep. Definitely pull the seats first. Make sure to fully drain that heater core first so you don't get coolant on your rug. Smell doesn't go away. Not really very difficult just bulky.
Do you have a FSM ?

John h

Reaction score
Yep. Definitely pull the seats first. Make sure to fully drain that heater core first so you don't get coolant on your rug. Smell doesn't go away. Not really very difficult just bulky.
Do you have a FSM ?
I do have FSM. I dont remember reading about process to drain core. Makes sense to do but how does one do that? Maybe shop vac from outside ports?

moparleo

Reaction score
You can blow air through the heater hoses. NOT compressed air though. Then cap the tubes with cork or get plastic plugs from Auto Parts store. Probably should just go ahead and replace the core. I would since you will have the box out. Have the evaporator tested or just replace to be safe. Once and done ! Get a gasket/seal kit from Detroit Muscle. Their add is on the right side of this page.

John h

Reaction score
You can blow air through the heater hoses. NOT compressed air though. Then cap the tubes with cork or get plastic plugs from Auto Parts store. Probably should just go ahead and replace the core. I would since you will have the box out. Have the evaporator tested or just replace to be safe. Once and done ! Get a gasket/seal kit from Detroit Muscle. Their add is on the right side of this page.
what is the difference between the big AC kit and the basic AC kit. no parts info Listing in the add.

John h

Reaction score
what is the difference between the big AC kit and the basic AC kit. no parts info Listing in the add.
jumped the gun on that one. I actually clicked on the listing and got my question answered. Maybe I'm too dumb to do this work HA!

Back