• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Advice on 74 challenger 360 4spd

Cmuller0420

Reaction score
hey everyone

I’m a new member but have been following the forum for awhile while I’ve been looking to acquire my first e-body

I have found a great contender and was hoping for a bit of input/guidance.

74 challenger
Originally red, but currently fm3 pink panther, black vinyl top, hood and stripes from the brake vents

Engine is pretty solid and upgraded to fuel injection. Converted to an auto, but the fellow had all the original parts to convert back to 4 speed.

Body overall and interior are 7-8/10 minus a bit of lower quarter panel rust and a bit on one rocket.

Daily driver ready

If I am into this for sub $25k - are we talking fair price on this? I am up in Canada so that would be closer to $20k usd.

Appreciate any input - as I see values all over the place.

483BB41B-EBF0-4C05-9CA4-3DC7A60904C2.jpeg

rarefish

Reaction score
What is the interior like? I would say that $20K is probably near the top of its value range as it currently is.

Cmuller0420

Reaction score
The interior is in pretty good shape overall.

Did a conversion to US$ and it’s around the 15k mark id be paying

340challconvert

Reaction score
Personally, 15k; that’s not too bad for a decent intact running car. 74 360 original 4 speeds are relatively rare and the 72-74’s are starting to increase in price. You could always drive it while you work on it. I would definitely convert it back to a 4 speed if you decide to buy it. JMO :steering:

Last edited:

quapman

Reaction score
Relatively rare? LOL! 74s with Rallye package (A57), 360 and 4-speed are more rare than 70 440 6-pack Challengers. If you like the car and it's not a rot box, $15K US is a pretty good deal. You could hunt for a better, cheaper one, but is it worth the time and hassle?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the site from the Motor City!
Does it have its original engine and transmission? Fender tag and or build sheet?

Cmuller0420

Reaction score
Yes it has the original driveline and fender tag. Not sure on the build sheet though.

Cmuller0420

Reaction score
Relatively rare? LOL! 74s with Rallye package (A57), 360 and 4-speed are more rare than 70 440 6-pack Challengers. If you like the car and it's not a rot box, $15K US is a pretty good deal. You could hunt for a better, cheaper one, but is it worth the time and hassle?

It does have the A57 package noted on the fender tag. I didn’t realize they were that hard to come by....and I felt that for the condition it seemed like a very reasonable deal. Appreciate the input!

quapman

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd be all over that like flies on poo.

desotoman

Reaction score
I'd buy if I were you. looks solid and looks like it has quite a few options :thumbsup:

Cmuller0420

Reaction score
Well that’s a strong consensus that helped sway me to purchase it. Pick it up next week.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the pink panther paint on a challenger? Was going to keep it for awhile until eventually fix few body items and do a repaint

Back