• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

all copper butt connector

crytough

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if I could use an all copper butt connector for a wire splice ? And also can I connect the power wire from the new volt meter to the ammeter wires that I disconnected and fused together as an constant power source. These copper butt connectors I was going to use for the two new power wires to splice into old on the ammeter by- pass.

retro70

Reaction score
I see no reason why not to as long as it is a good connection and it gets insulated after with shrink tube.
I prefer to use the twist and solder method with insulation shrink tube for a more permanent solution.

I would not use the ammeter wire to connect the volt meter. Find a switched volt source from the fuse block and use that as your 12 v source.

crytough

Reaction score
I see no reason why not to as long as it is a good connection and it gets insulated after with shrink tube.
I prefer to use the twist and solder method with insulation shrink tube for a more permanent solution.

I would not use the ammeter wire to connect the volt meter. Find a switched volt source from the fuse block and use that as your 12 v source.

Back