• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Aloha Automotive???

RCodeCuda

Reaction score
All, need your help please. Does anyone know what happened to Aloha Automotive out of Port Washington, Wisconsin? They did super high end restorations and I believe placed at the Nats multiple times. I think the owner’s name was Tony White and I’ve heard so many crazy stories on why Aloha closed ranging from he was an organ kidnapping victim in the Philippines to he is currently doing a little time for bank robbery; none of which I hope are true. I just find it hard to believe that such a successful shop would just close its doors.

looking to track him down for some work if he is still in Wisconsin. Thanks all...

gzig5

Reaction score
I've heard of the shop but not familiar with any details. There is another shop that does high quality work in the area called Apex Autosports in Grafton, WI. The owner of Apex may have been affiliated with Aloha at one time, but I could also be mis-remembering what i heard at a show two years ago.

1972CudaV21

Reaction score
With other great Mopar resto places out there, why would you want to bother with the drama?

RCodeCuda

Reaction score
I've heard of the shop but not familiar with any details. There is another shop that does high quality work in the area called Apex Autosports in Grafton, WI. The owner of Apex may have been affiliated with Aloha at one time, but I could also be mis-remembering what i heard at a show two years ago.
Thank you!!! I went to Apex’s webpage and it sounds like this is his son’s business. If you click on Apex’s “about us” page it references his father’s business, presumably Aloha, abruptly closing its doors in 2007.
Thank you again and I’ll give them a ring. If nothing else, glad to hear nothing unfortunate happened to Tony!!!

RCodeCuda

Reaction score
With other great Mopar resto places out there, why would you want to bother with the drama?
I was just looking for a shop that specializes in Mopars in SE Wisconsin.

What drama are you referring to? Just curious. I believe the son now has his own shop working on Mopars but if something nefarious has occurred involving Tony White please let me know and I’ll definitely avoid his son/family as well.

thank you and this is completely anonymous. That’s the great part about forums in that we can look out for one another. Thank you in advance!!!

Last edited:

floyd

Reaction score
It was “Tom White” with Aloha and I believe he’s still active in the hobby in a reduced capacity (maybe restoring wire harnesses?). As you figured out, Apex is run by his son and there’s no “drama” there as far as I know of. It’s a totally separate operation and Tom White is not affiliated. Apex does a lot of high end restos and are worth checking out IMO.

moparlee

Reaction score
MCR (Muscle Car Restorations) is also in Wisconsin and has restored a lot of Mopars. As with any high end shop, not cheap.

1972CudaV21

Reaction score
MCR (Muscle Car Restorations) is also in Wisconsin and has restored a lot of Mopars. As with any high end shop, not cheap.
From what I’ve read about them, they must have one of the largest restoration facilities in the United States.

RCodeCuda

Reaction score
It was “Tom White” with Aloha and I believe he’s still active in the hobby in a reduced capacity (maybe restoring wire harnesses?). As you figured out, Apex is run by his son and there’s no “drama” there as far as I know of. It’s a totally separate operation and Tom White is not affiliated. Apex does a lot of high end restos and are worth checking out IMO.
Floyd Thank you. What work did you have Apex do?

perhaps I’m just paranoid but I have to be 1000% confident in a shop before I pull the trigger...

floyd

Reaction score
Floyd Thank you. What work did you have Apex do?

perhaps I’m just paranoid but I have to be 1000% confident in a shop before I pull the trigger...
I have not had any work done there. However, I do have two close friends that have had mechanical work done there and they were very pleased with the service.

RCodeCuda

Reaction score
I have not had any work done there. However, I do have two close friends that have had mechanical work done there and they were very pleased with the service.
Floyd thanks! Looking at other options including dragging car from SE Wisconsin to closer to D.C. (where I live).

anybody have any work done by Frank Badalson at American Performance, Richmond, VA or Hodges Restorations in SC? Appreciate any feedback good or bad... PM me please if you don’t want to post publically.

thank you all!!!

gzig5

Reaction score
I can strongly recommend Apex. They did some work that was beyond my capability. Mainly body work including installing Dynacorn back half (too big for me to handle in my space), full floor pans, inner/out A-piller, in/out rocker and some cowl restoration on passenger side. I will attempt to finish everything else. Hourly pricing was less than MCR, who also does great work. They did another E-body while mine was there, and I know another local is taking his original 70 Challenger 440 convertible in for a freshen up. The owner Andrew was very straight forward in communication and when we found some unexpected damage, came up with a great solution path. He does a lot of Mopars but also works on other brands. The fact that Apex is seven miles from my house was icing on the cake.
Good luck with your project.

Back