• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Alternator bracket help

Joemoy29

Reaction score
hello I am putting my engine together and in my box of parts I found the alt brackets but they are different than I have seen. I have attached a picture of what they look like. Does anyone have pictures of how this installs?

Thank you

80C56A64-35DE-4CFE-8817-CC3D2A17EDD1.png

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
Always helps to tell us what it is you're working on. What year? What engine?

Your photo first leads us to believe its a '72 w/340 engine? Then lower down it wants to tell me its a big block 383/440 with A/C?? So how should we answer your question?

Also, there is something called a FSM or Factory Service Manual. Do you have one? Did you consult it first? Or do you just want someone else to do all the research for you?

This is exactly the kind of post that gets me and I'm sure many others to just ignore the post (except this time). If you can't provide the basic information, why should anyone waste their time trying to help you with an answer?

Sorry to be so blunt about this, but sometimes the truth hurts.

Joemoy29

Reaction score
Sorry to get to you... I actually had a whole paragraph response to your nasty condisening response but chose to delete it. Instead of preaching you could/should have ignored it. Clearly by my search picture I posted i am doing my own research and hit a stalemate and was looking for help from fellow enthusiasts.

Joemoy29

Reaction score
And if you actually spent time to read my question it wasn’t about the engine or year it was about a specific bracket which could have originally came from any year or any cc engine what I am building has no relevance to the bracket

DetMatt1

Reaction score
And if you actually spent time to read my question it wasn’t about the engine or year it was about a specific bracket which could have originally came from any year or any cc engine what I am building has no relevance to the bracket
It would indeed be a lot easier for someone to help out with your question if you could tell us year and displacement. I could have done a quick google image search based on that info and possibly posted a picture of the set-up installed but I don’t know what to put in the search bar. Do you know how many different alternator brackets were used by Ma Mopar from ‘70-‘74?(assuming of course your car falls within those years of course)

Joemoy29

Reaction score
Yeah I get it. That’s my point I am capable of searching google and I am not sure what year the brackets I have are for. I have a 71 340 block but I don’t know any of the history of the parts I have so really knowing the year of the block I have makes no difference to the brackets I have. Maybe I should have worded it differently asking if anyone knows what year and how the brackets in the picture are installed.

Joemoy29

Reaction score
That’s perfect thank you very much. It looks like that bracket is for a car with AC. My car does not and will not have AC. Can this be used on a no ac car?

moparlee

Reaction score
That’s perfect thank you very much. It looks like that bracket is for a car with AC. My car does not and will not have AC. Can this be used on a no ac car?

Yes they can. On my GTX 440 originally an AC car, now without, I re-used the same brackets. You don't need to use the part called "shield" which was used to protect the heater hoses from the belts which are higher up with AC.

Back