• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Another new member

70BlueRT

Reaction score
It was suggested I start a thread to introduce myself, so hello all I'm Mark from Texas. I have a 70 RT 383 4speed car. It had been a running/driving car out of the Texas Toy Box shop when the bank locked the doors. Unfortunately, it sat for 5+ years locked inside the building before I could pry the remaining 6 vehicles away from the bank (3 challengers, a Super bee, a Barracuda & a truck). The car had been stripped of drivetrain, interior console (found another), cluster, harness, and trim pieces like tail lights and front grille/bezels. I had a 70 383 block engine built, bought a 4 speed and related components from Brewster, and have been locating & purchasing parts to get the car running again. We are now at the A/C compressor, pully & belt portion which is always fun when you start from zero. We are hoping to get the car up and running by the summer of 2021.

IMG_6341.jpg

IMG_0260.JPG

IMG_7301.JPG

IMG_2233.JPG

IMG_7299.JPG

Last edited:

Cojohnso

Reaction score
An absolute keeper there! a '70 R/T with a 4-speed? Being it has lost it's original engine? Was a stroker or updated performance build considered? (Please excuse my prying. Im in the "It needs more power" camp. Lol.) But certainly would have to really try to mess up that great starting platform? Welcome. and of course keep the pics and build status coming?

70BlueRT

Reaction score
An absolute keeper there! a '70 R/T with a 4-speed? Being it has lost it's original engine? Was a stroker or updated performance build considered? (Please excuse my prying. Im in the "It needs more power" camp. Lol.) But certainly would have to really try to mess up that great starting platform? Welcome. and of course keep the pics and build status coming?
Thanks for the welcome. No, I didn't go stroker but a step up on the cam was installed. I don't think it is a purple cam, as I still have that kit on the shelf.

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site Mark from Michigan!

Very nice blue int/ext Challenger. Glad to see you putting in back together:thumbsup:

NoCar340

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, Cash is a pretty cool dog. Traded a transmission for him as a pup.
Was the transmission broken? I mean, the dog is missing a leg. 🤔 I'm kidding... my dog does the same thing with tucking her leg under. Good name, too... "I sold the transmission for Cash."

Glad you're here! Love the car. Thanks for not making us beg for pictures!

70BlueRT

Reaction score
Was the transmission broken? I mean, the dog is missing a leg. 🤔 I'm kidding... my dog does the same thing with tucking her leg under. Good name, too... "I sold the transmission for Cash."

Glad you're here! Love the car. Thanks for not making us beg for pictures!
Here are a few more

Attachments

• 60633561686__928A0D34-F86C-4F48-8DC6-E0017882BA72.JPG
    60633561686__928A0D34-F86C-4F48-8DC6-E0017882BA72.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 144
  • 60633565012__EEA202CE-5385-4180-AC62-A6B871F0E3C8.JPG
    60633565012__EEA202CE-5385-4180-AC62-A6B871F0E3C8.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 143
  • IMG_7258.JPG
    IMG_7258.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 173

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Wow, Texas toy box is a name I haven’t heard and all but forgot about. Is that a Butterscotch ‘71 I see there? Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

340challconvert

Reaction score
I couldn't do it myself due to space and size of the thing so I had a local shop that has done some serious E-bodies do it and some other stuff. They said it dropped in nearly perfect and saved a ton of labor over doing it all seperately. If you add up the individual parts that come on it, plus the exhaust hangers and tank HW, the assembly is several hundred dollars less than buying AMD parts seperately. I was able to save the rear cross member and a couple other parts so I hope to offset the cost even more. I think a couple of the parking brake brackets don't come with it so you need to remove of the old parts, fab them up, or procure in the aftermarket. So don't throw the old out right away. In the last pic you can see the trunk pan I had fabbed as a tempory fix to get the car on the road. The frame rails weren't shot, but were thin enough that since I have so much other replacement going on I took the opportunity to make it as strong as new. I'm extremely happy with the outcome.

View attachment 79735

View attachment 79736

View attachment 79737

View attachment 79738

View attachment 79739

Thank you Jersey Man. I raced a lot at E-town in the 90's. Sad to read it's off the schedule.
Mark, I know what you mean, I miss the days going to Englishtown Raceway Park myself.
I used to bracket race there back in the 1970's.
Always liked watching the SS racing going on too.
There was some locals I used to follow there; Teachers Pet (Jerry Stein) with his BB Mopar mid 60's wagons, Pete Tritak and Morgan's hemi cuda just to name a few.
Area got to be too suburban and the land too valuable and new residents complained about the noise and congestion of the track

70BlueRT

Reaction score
Wow, Texas toy box is a name I haven’t heard and all but forgot about. Is that a Butterscotch ‘71 I see there? Welcome to the site from the Motor City!
Yeah, it's worth forgetting. No the car in the background was a 70 440 rt car I sold over the summer. I was never going to put it together as I have too many projects.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Welcome. Nice ride. Looks familiar... lol..as I have a B5 blue 70 also.

Back