• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Another Okie

themechanic

Reaction score
I am themechanic on FABO, FBBO and FCBO. I recently inherited a 1970 Plymouth Cuda from my Uncle Bill who went to heaven March 2019. He will be missed and I'd rather have him than 100 Cudas. Bill bought the car out of Ohio. There are 2 YouTube videos of the car before Bill bought it. I'll link them below. (If you know this car, please contact me as I have plenty of questions.)

The car is unrestored with lots of original parts. Bill replaced the radiator (which is from a C body) with an aluminum one (cannot find a brand name but looks like Champion).

It has rust in the trunk corners, fenders near firewall, bubbles under the vinyl top. The interior was redone, the engine and entire drive train was rebuilt. It has manual drum brakes, power steering and automatic on the floor. It's painted in Vitamin C Orange and has a lot of places where it was buffed through and or spray bombed.

My son-in-law Jeff and I have been doing some work on the car to keep it safe and driving. We replaced the fuel pump with a Carter since it was leaking. Since the car has Hooker headers, the #5 and #7 plug wires were burned through and were replaced with 2, 90 degree plug boot wires. We replaced the engine harness as it was hacked into in several places over the years. Future projects will be rebuilding the PS pump, replacing the fuel system, including tank, sender and lines as well as front disc brakes.

IMG_20180725_163816981.jpg
IMG_20181005_135128158.jpg
IMG_20181005_135152031.jpg
IMG_20181005_145244489.jpg
IMG_20181005_145301459.jpg
IMG_20190221_101750493.jpg

It's a driver and we plan to keep it that way for now. Jeff is new to Mopars and muscle cars and has no mechanical experience but is willing and eager to learn.

I have a few photos that Bill took but have not gotten around to taking more, yet.

This is my 1st E body. So, I hope to learn all about the E bodies from you folks.

Cheers, Roger

FYI, the videos were done by the seller/previous owner.

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
Roger
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
Sorry to hear about your Uncle, my condolences.
Looks like a really nice 340 Cuda you inherited.
Good luck with her.
Dino2 (1).gif

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Welcome Aboard Roger, yes sorry about your uncle. It’s to bad he didn’t get to enjoy the car much. It’s in good hands now as well. Enjoy:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Welcome from NW CT. Sounds like the car is in good hands and hats off to you for sparking interest in your son-in-law to work on the old iron. Show us more when you can...

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO Roger! That is a great looking Cuda. So what is the selling price as you mentioned a couple of times about ebay and offers? Man I would be keeping it especially since it was your Uncle's.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Great Cuda! But my condolences about your uncle.

themechanic

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO Roger! That is a great looking Cuda. So what is the selling price as you mentioned a couple of times about ebay and offers? Man I would be keeping it especially since it was your Uncle's.
I posted the videos made by the previous owner to show the car to you guys since I don't have any, yet. We'll be keeping her for a while.

themechanic

Reaction score
Ok, thanks Roger. My bad, I didn't read your post close enough.
No worries.

FYI, my son-in-law, Jeff, panicked when he saw the Cuda was for sale ad and texted me the link. I viewed it and we figured out that Uncle Bill must have done it right before he passed away. Jeff was especially relieved since I keep the car at his house so he and his family can enjoy it while we're fixing things.

moparleo

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard. To complete the radiator swap you need to get a proper fitting fan shroud and get rid of the solid fan spacer and replace with the proper fan clutch set-up. Safer, robs less hp, cools when you need it.

themechanic

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard. To complete the radiator swap you need to get a proper fitting fan shroud and get rid of the solid fan spacer and replace with the proper fan clutch set-up. Safer, robs less hp, cools when you need it.
Thanks

The stock shroud will not fit.

Back