• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Antenna Questions

BriceRoad

Reaction score
My Barracuda Gran Coupe does not have the hole for the antenna. My theory for this is that the previous owner or perhaps the owner before him either 1) welded or bondoed (or both) over the hole, 2) replaced the fender with a fender from a radio delete car, or 3) replaced the fender with a fender from an AAR 'Cuda. On the drivers side fender I can feel little bumps on the inside of the fender where someone welded over the Gran Coupe emblem holes but the I don't feel any bumps on the passenger side.

Does anyone know of a template to drill a new antenna in the correct spot where the factory would have put it? If I take the fender off is there any way to tell from the other side? Any other ideas or suggestions. I would like the radio to work again someday. Thanks in advance.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
you can remove the rear wheelwell plastic liner & look from below to see if there is evidence of the antenna hole .
I am sure someone here can give you measurements for the hole position & size

BriceRoad

Reaction score
6520887F-A5F8-4DA8-A7D9-362649B44060.jpeg
I got the fender off today. It looks like someone put a circular piece of metal in the hole. This is a picture of the underside of the fender. I also did an internet search and I found templates for the AAR and T/A cars but not for a regular Barracuda.

BriceRoad

Reaction score
But there are two smaller holes that go along the circumference of the larger circle that have to be drilled first. Once I get that information and drill the two smaller holes I can drill the larger hole. I just want to be sure I am putting it in the right place.

70chall440

Reaction score
2 smaller holes? The hole does have a notch but I don't know about any other holes. I might still have an old Cuda fender with the hole I could measure or I could get an approximation off my 70 Challenger as to the center of the hole.

BriceRoad

Reaction score
Thank you very much. That is very helpful. I would love to get a hold of that template! But if not I can just go off the measurements.

Back