• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

any rear disc with a parking brake that actually works (wilwood PB sucks)

panheadchuck

Reaction score
i have a 71 Barracuda ., 8.75 rear . i think it has right stuff rear brakes but i am converting to five speed and i want something with a parking brake . i realize wilwood has a parking brake and they suck the big one. i realize you can modify the internal cam and make them work. any other kits out there that have a parking brake that works as it should

DrEamer

Reaction score
I am going with a kit from Doctor Diff, just will not be done with the project to tell you how well they work. That said, the other folks that have used them say they work well. I went with the 10.7 inch kit, which will clear 14 inch stock wheels, even though I will be going bigger. The kits uses 1994-2004 Mustang Cobra calipers, and Toyota Cressida rotors, so I can get OE replacement parts if needed. They offer bigger kits too.

Mopar 10.7" Rear Disc Brake Kit

panheadchuck

Reaction score
I am going with a kit from Doctor Diff, just will not be done with the project to tell you how well they work. That said, the other folks that have used them say they work well. I went with the 10.7 inch kit, which will clear 14 inch stock wheels, even though I will be going bigger. The kits uses 1994-2004 Mustang Cobra calipers, and Toyota Cressida rotors, so I can get OE replacement parts if needed. They offer bigger kits too.

Mopar 10.7" Rear Disc Brake Kit
THAT will work!!!!!!

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Willwood does suc for street vehicles
I recommend Dr Diff /Cass
or Scarebird has adapters kits , Ford Explorer conversions are common also

Back