• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Anybody ever install one of the updated wiring harnesses?

DodgeGuy

Reaction score
As I'm dealing with my charging issue on my Challenger, I'm contemplating doing a complete rewire under the hood.

I'm looking at this from Year 1, or something similar:

YearOne - Part: MH50289

Anybody ever install one? How did it go? Suggestions/concerns/alternatives?

Suggestions on a manufacturer to go with? Just doing some research on old threads on this board shows a LOT of possibilities.

Last edited:

Cudafor36

Reaction score
I just installed every new wire for my Cuda. Although I did not have to do the engine bay one as I installed a 392 gen 3 hemi. Had it's own wiring.

No issues with the yearone front, rear, wiper motor, nor neutral safety switch, ignition nor turn signal wiring from them. Plugged in as Normal. The connections are tight though.

I did have a los

Cudafor36

Reaction score
I didn't finish. Anyway now my keybin ignitiin buzzer works. Never has in 36yrs. Lol.

For a grand upgrade em all. It will save you in the long run

tonysrt

Reaction score
Somebody probably disconnected the key in buzzer wiring. It sure is annoying. They were good when we drive the car on the street, but now that its kept in the garage and never parked outside its not necessary for me. Will be disconnecting mine if warm weather ever gets here.

Cudafor36

Reaction score
Yeah my brother confessed last night that he did when he was 16. Butt head. That was over 30yrs ago

Back