• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Anyone with knowledge/Experience with the Mancinni Tubular K-Member

DTCMMLF

Reaction score
Listening for an echo from the Suspension Guru's for the Mancinni Tubular K. Priced very reasonable. Replacing a 340 with a 440 and trying to drop as much of that 200 extra pounds as I can.
So far, with all the Aluminum replacing the cast, Glass hood. Newer, lighter gauge, fenders, I have shaved 156 pounds and wondering if the K switch will reduce weight. Is it reliable? Looks fantastic to me. Maybe gain a little real estate for the headers as well. All comments/suggestions welcomed!
1611935184662.png

Flchallenger

Reaction score
I do have one and run Schumaker short headers on a 440. That being said I only have about 200 miles on the car and have some other vibration issues I am trying to sort out. I am interested to see what responses you get as it sure looks whimper than a stock K frame. I have a 440 and it seems to be fine but like I said I have some other issues so I am wandering could this be part of the problem?

Fishgutz

Reaction score
I did the complete package on my ‘70 Cuda, everything bolted up perfectly. All the components are well built and I no reason to believe they aren‘t as strong or stronger than the factory K member and suspension pieces. We’re gonna fire it up and get it on the road this spring. Best of luck with your project, sent some photos, Happy Hot Rodding!!

70EF2795-FF7E-462C-A607-A4816A56D576.jpeg

6C8FFF7D-C587-4D7A-967E-BABAC4E94327.jpeg

DrEamer

Reaction score
The QA1 frame is only something like 4 or 5 pounds less, so maybe not the best investment for weight savings. That said, I have one going into my car for the extra room, and stiffness. Plus, my original had suffered some hacking somewhere in its pryor life.

DTCMMLF

Reaction score
GREAT look!!! Very nicely implemented as well. One question. The steering box??? Pretty sure a stock steering box will bolt up, but yours looks smaller than mine. I will email Mancinni and insure all the details are in order.
Really appreciate your response and the pics are great. So far, I have shed 146 pounds of that 440's weight over the 340. Waiting on the Alum water pump and need to get the radiator.
Many Thanks!!!

Fishgutz

Reaction score
You’re right, it’s a Borgeson unit. I want to take advantage of the new suspension, and quicker ratio box will compliment the setup. Also, header clearance, now I don’t have to use a heat shield on the box. The stock box will bolt right in, depending on your exhaust system, clearance can be an issue. And many thanks for the compliments. And again, best of luck with your project, post some photos when you have a chance.

B444BB71-F050-48F9-B899-F034E4019DA3.jpeg

Back