• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Argern Silver For Gran Coupe Rocker Moldings

1970GranCoupeCo

Reaction score
I finally am getting around to reinstalling my rocker moldings...this is the VERY LAST item for my complete restoration (until I take something a part again).

I pulled them out of long term storage and as I recall about 30 years ago I sand blasted them and painted them "Argent Silver" however they look a bit darker than I expected.

They are very close to the same color as the Argent Silver on the rallye rim center caps I bought from Year One circa 1992 (the color is kinda like the "cast blast" color you can buy to paint parts that are supposed to be bare metal like disc brake calipers and hubs but with metallic speckles) but I kinda expected the color to be more bright (kinda like the color of "aluminum paint"). Here is a picture of the rocker and the rim hub together.

My front grille and rear panel is painted black so I do not have a color to compare it to.

Does anyone have any pictures or information they can share?

THANKS!!!

0204211721d (002).jpg

Last edited:

moparleo

Reaction score
What exactly are you wondering ? The shade will vary, "argent" just means silver. Just like a lighter color of body paint will vary depending on what the base coat was. If you prime before color, it will be darker if you used a darker color of primer as opposed to using a light color primer. Trim was usually primed or base coated in black to give more contrast/definition.

Back