• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Barracuda ambulance

Navadel

Reaction score
Hello there. Ill start by saying that my project is going to change after input but want somewhere to start. I will cut right to the juicy details. 73 barracuda. 70 383 block with 906 heads. basically everything on the car is straight from the late 70's. I want to Dual Turbo the 383. any suggestions from the get go?

Navadel

Reaction score
hard to get to at the current time with moving things around. Not currently worried about the body so much just the correct and easiest way to stuff that back in with dual turbos using as many OEM parts as possible like my 906 heads. anyone here went down that road?

IMAG1391.jpg

Navadel

Reaction score
I just call it that as a joke since my late father drove my late mother to the hospital while in labor in that glass pack primer red joe dirt looking massively over priced and resting pony. I know most people would rather go the restore route rather than mod but I am thinking after reading what info I can find is that I need to chop up some walls and make room for the piping. anyone else here go the off path and turbo a 383 and fit that $%^#& back in? know any manufacturers who make the exhaust manifolds? how about using exhaust cutouts on a turbo'd 383? worth it? those things are kinda what I'm looking to start with getting figured out before I do anything. how many 73 cuda's are left in existence anyway, I heard after wrecks and junkyarding only like 10k out of all models that year?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
A twin turbo build would be awesome , I was going to twin turbo my 71 Charger easier to do as it had 24" between the rad & grill for intakes & intercoolers etc !
Thoughts huh
Well I would use multiport EFI as it is far easier to dial in fuel electronically than with a carb ,
No reason the 906 heads will not work But they are open chamber with no quench , all downside , no upside , 440 source stealth heads can be bought for only a few more $$ than rebuilding the stock heads .
I would want the compression to be around 8:1 with turbos so custom pistons , preferably quench with a dish & larger combustion chamber .
You must design the cam very carefully high lift, moderate duration but low overlap is best .
Plumbing will be fun you have much less room to work with in the Cuda engine bay , I would run an inverted header with the turbos in front of the heads & move the alt & PS down lower , the exhaust can be run below the spark plugs or above the shock tower , air filters may have to go into the wheelwell behind the headlights sheilded from tire splash . , intercooler or 2 should fit between the grille & rad , battery will likely be in the trunk .
Welcome BTW

Back