• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Battery Recommendation

doubleyellow

Reaction score
Anyone know when Mopar Group 24/27 repro batteries back again? What was the reason they discontinued?

doubleyellow

Reaction score
Next Questions......I don't have the build sheet.....my car is a 440-4......is there a way to confirm if the car came with a Group 24 or 27 battery without a build sheet? Even if it is a Group 24, would going with a Group 27 be recommended for the extra juice? Also, how does one know which cap color to go with? Thanks

tman

Reaction score
Big blocks came with Group 27. Those 2 vendors have many complaints about them. Do some research before ordering. I need a new Red cap battery too, but there are no reliable sources. I looked those 2 up and you won't believe how many 1 star ratings. You can check other forums and find the same problems. There is talk about a vendor taking them up again, but all I hear are delays. If anyone here knows of a reliable seller, please speak.

KZ4406

Reaction score
Seems like the demand is there but no supply, not sure why a vendor doesn't not pick up on this and make some da** batteries

Joemoy29

Reaction score
I bought one from batterycentralmall.com. Owner seamed knowledgeable. I haven’t used it yet but owner seamed knowledgeable

KZ4406

Reaction score
Antique Auto Battery has a new owner and I have ordered and received a new battery from them. The battery looks and works great, only took a few weeks for them to ship the battery. They had a backlog of requests but I think they have caught up now.

Back