• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Best cheap headers for 360

SRT10BEN

Reaction score
Putting a mild 360 in my 1970. What headers have been the easiest and most affordable to install. Looking at the Jegs and Hookers for around $200. Thanks!

rklein71

Reaction score
I would stay away from the style if header where the steering linkage goes through the header tubes. I had a set a long time ago and the very first dip I hit, I smashed the header tube in. Rod

aussiemark

Reaction score
These ones look ok the flange is swept back like original manifolds a lot of the others are straight down in the middle so they won't fit an E body. The US $ is a lot better then the AU $ so could be worth pricing them up. I was going to get some but ended up getting cast manifolds (more $) instead. Another thing to watch is some (especially cheap) don't fit with power steering.

CHRYSLER MOPAR SMALL BLOCK V8 273 318 340 360 STAINLESS CLIPSTER HEADERS | eBay

SRT10BEN

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. Funny story, i was looking through our parts van trailer and found a set of Hedman long tube 78050 headers lol (the cheapos). I think after all the reviews and bad outcomes I've read I'm going to bite the bullet and get a good set. AUSSIEMARK Those shorty headers you showed me are pretty much exactly what I'm looking for now. Just gotta find some stateside now!

Coupe

Reaction score
Last night, a raised manhole cover knocked a leak in my long tube headers. Time to stop worrying over such, and change to something else.
I like these posted by Aussimark,
CHRYSLER MOPAR SMALL BLOCK V8 273 318 340 360 STAINLESS CLIPSTER HEADERS | eBay
I can't find then in U.S.
I'm not ruling out the solution (Kevin)Mopar 74 posted, but I'd like to have a more free flow, tuned exhaust header.
I found block huggers on ebay but not sure if they will clear the power steering gear box. Passenger side is no problem.
Anyone else have a suggestion?

Rob C

Reaction score
The cheapo headers are a hit or miss on fitment. The best fitting ones for me have been summit or hooker.

A header that actually fits well that I have personally used is the Hooker Super Comp at a 1-3/4 tube.

SRT10BEN

Reaction score
Sanderson Headers DD7-P
I found these......sorta what I'm looking for but apparently does not work with my 4spd setup, damn! Only 1 1/2" primaries and 2 1/2" collector though. I figured for the price they would at least put some kind of coating on them as well???

Rob C

Reaction score
Those are very good for small displacement engines that are of a mild build.
Take my advice and save up for ether the TTI or Hooker Super Comps.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Those are very good for small displacement engines that are of a mild build.
Take my advice and save up for ether the TTI or Hooker Super Comps.
Super comp Hookers are a good fit i cut the flange off tigged on a 2.5 adaptor gained around 3/4" ground clearance

Adam

Reaction score
Starter clearance can also be an issue, be sure to check.

aussiemark

Reaction score
Schumacher do headers that allow removal of the starter, fit with power steering and optional coatings they aren't cheap but you get what you pay for.

Back