• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Big Willie Robinson

340challconvert

Reaction score
Some members may know about this unique individual who raced a 69 Daytona on the streets of LA back in the day. He used racing as a form of Peace in bringing people of all backgrounds and persuasions together.
LA Times is publishing a number of articles and podcasts on Big Willie, whose car was know as "King Daytona"

From the article;
Full throttle
Big Willie believed in the magic of fast cars — like his 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona, which he dubbed the King Daytona. He liked to say he used wheels to unite people of all backgrounds, some of whom might otherwise be enemies.

Big Willie Robinson becomes larger than life

and https://content.production.cdn.art1...70ce91d7/Big Willie_EP1_Master_2019_07_03.mp3

Dino2 (1).gif

340challconvert

Reaction score
Big Willie was a Vietnam Vet (special ops) and return home wounded. The man was 6ft 6.
I listened to the LA Times first pod cast. Pretty good stuff about the story for a man who became an American racing legend.
Early on he became connected to Otis Chandler.
Dino2 (1).gif

Darter6

Reaction score
One of the nicest guys you would ever meet.Lucky for me I had the chance to meet and hang out with him for awhile.He passed about a year later.At the time he stated that he was in talks about doing a movie of his life.

budascuda

Reaction score
The American Racing is made in china now. That's just as sad as Big Willie's passing away....

Back