• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Billboard Decal Install

GY9 Cuda

Reaction score
Is there any where on this board that has detailed info on how to install a Billboard on a Cuda, especially the part where you need to cut it away from the rear marker lens, im confused bcuz of the pre mask, i have been told that the premask has to be left on until the vinyl is installed and dried for at least 3 hours...if this is so how does one overlap it, does one remove the pre mask in this overlap section and or leave the backing on until the rest is on and dried, then come back later and complete the over lap part, or do I relief cut a wedge out of the graphic itself removing both backing and pre mask for that section?

Adam

Reaction score
You install and trim the decal with the protective film (premask) in place; it keeps the decal from being scratched by the squeegee. You wait until the decal is firmly attached before peeling the film off so you don’t accidentally lift the decal.

ldr

Reaction score
as far as marker lite much controversy , all I can tell you, when I was a younger man I worked at a dealership part-time 1971, week ends, had to help body shop detail put the billboards on the cars as they came in a roll in the trunk. we put the door decal on first ,easy to line up, then put the billboard on the 1/4 panel and lined up the front edge to the door decal, with lots of soapy water it was easy to maneuver, squeegee the stripe (with the premask on AS STATED EAIRLER) when it came to the marker lite we would cut an "x" from corner to corner of the OPENING, not to confused with recessed part of the the 1/4 panel but rather the opening that the marker housing fits thru. this should be done after squeegeeing and stripe is stable so then you fold the triangular pieces of vinyl from the 'x' cut to the inside ,we used to bolt the marker lite and housing on at that point(pre mask still attached) to assure that the vinyle attached to the smooth painted area with no air trapped behind the vinyle . after several hours of trying time and squeegee time we would remove the marker and the pre mask. of course reinstall the marker lite.trim if necessary.

Back