• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Caliper Replacement

money pit

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a good remanufactured set of calipers for my 70 Barracuda? I bought a pair from O'Rilly. The passenger side went on without any problem. The drivers side I struggled for 3 hrs and still couldn't install it. I tried Auto zone, the same problem. The calipers aren't remanufactured. The junk was made in China. The holes on the caliper were misdrilled on the ones from Auto zone and O'Rilly. The caliper housing needs to be ground down so everything lines up. Unfortunately, I don't have the old calipers so I can't rebuild the old ones. Classic Industries and Summit Racing have calipers which cost 3X more. is that the way to go? Thanks.

tman

Reaction score
Try NAPA. Rockauto has remans. Try local first, since its a pita to return if you have to ship it.

340challconvert

Reaction score
I bought Centric Calipers; re-manufactured units for my 70 Challenger. Installed with no problems. Unit 141.63015.(rt side) They are Kelsey Hayes cores rebuilt. In 2015 I paid $63 per unit
I kept my originals for possible future rebuild.
s-l1600.jpg

Disc Brake Caliper-Premium Semi-Loaded Caliper Front Right Centric Reman for sale online | eBay

upload_2019-6-19_10-43-24.png

Last edited:

money pit

Reaction score
Try NAPA. Rockauto has remans. Try local first, since its a pita to return if you have to ship it.
I tried Auto zone and O'rilly's. Both carry the junk from China. I'll try the local Napa. Thanks.

money pit

Reaction score
Back