• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Cant figure out head casting numbers. Only 6 digits

Br3026

Reaction score
So, I'm planning what to do with the 360 that came with the car. I looked at the heads to figure out what they are and found casting number 348915-A (or at least how I'm seeing it. This is one number short and doesn't show on any casting list. Anyone have a idea?

20211129_234850.jpg

moparleo

Reaction score
Since it has to be a 70-72 340-360, what else do you need to know ?
It is not a T/A head unless it has offset push rod holes.
You don't show any of the head/combustion chamber in your picture, only the casting number. No other info for us.
Since these years exhaust seats are not induction hardened , they will need to be machined for hardened seat inserts.

Last edited:

Br3026

Reaction score
Since it has to be a 70-72 340-360, what else do you need to know ? It is not a T/A head unless it has offset push rod holes. You don't show any of the head in your picture, only the casting number.
My question is regarding the casting numbers. Specifically why are these numbers not matching the casting lists. I could dig the heads back out and take a picture of the head as a whole but I doubt they are T/A heads. I intend on rebuilding these heads but I figured I would need to know exactly what I had before buying parts or making the decision to rebuild. I guess I just find it odd that the casting numbers don't match the list...

Back