• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Car/Mopar Show Enthusiasts

wedg2go

Reaction score
Trippin' down “Memory Lane”, this morning, thinking about all the past car shows I've been to and all the fun I had participating in them. Granted, I hope those days aren't over with yet, but with this Covid-19 floating around who really knows? What really bums me out, is the last two years, I've really made poor decisions getting my Challenger out to show. That was going to change this year, but it wasn't in the cards, now that I'm seeing more cancellations on-line for the shows I planned on attending.

Here's a photo of the last show-'n-shine, I attended, in 2018 at the Chamber of Commerce show. The photo was taken at a local car lot with 20 some odd participants behind me. I was late arriving that day.

Image00001.jpg

If you have a photo of your ride at a car show or a photo of someone else's ride...Post it up!

I'll see if I can dig up some more photos...

dadeo1852

Reaction score
Great color, was the color of my 1st car a 69 Road Runner. This pic @ Frankenmuth Autofest in Frankenmuth Michigan. Wonder if Woodward Dream Cruise will still be a go?
20170910_101510.jpg

/sixchall

Reaction score
This is the last show/car gathering I attended last here in SoCal (Riverside area). I believe it was before Christmas of 2019.

34B5ABFD-06B1-497B-8CAA-38E0035D54B9.jpeg

7AB2495F-1FBF-44D8-AD4E-73F279531FD3.jpeg

rbbruno3

Reaction score
909E4EC3-04C8-43C1-B3B2-89332059E5ED.jpeg
6246C5D8-F7EE-454D-9F73-FAE79E2D4C6D.png

1st pic was at Lebanon Valley Musclepalooza last year wife’s brown AMX next to my Challenger. 2nd at Albany Saratoga Speedway

Last edited:

wedg2go

Reaction score
Great lookin' showing of E-Bodies everyone!

I find it odd to think about the number of car show cancellations or the shows in question later in the year. Looking later into the year, makes you wonder what the status is going to be with Carlisle, Mopars At The Strip, Mega Mopar Series at Thunder Mountain (An event I was planning on attending this year – to show) and “Yes”...Even the Woodward Dream Cruise (Another I was planning on some year if I can con my bil to take some time off).

Ah! Looking back at Happier Times! One of my favorite photos taken at Van Nuys – Mopar Spring Fling some years back.

Image00001.jpg

BTW - That red on my photo really "Pops!" This one is a scanned photo.

Cojohnso

Reaction score
I'm behind on my '70 Cuda project. Now have sometime? These Covid times takes some of the steam out of ambition? But that needs to stop. The car was too heavily modified way back in the mid 70s for drag racing to bring back to orginal. With the 440 6 pack long gone before I purchased as rolling body 16 years ago. Theme is now a pump gas King Street drag car. With some street capacity. And of course? An over the top motor. 1200 horse of naturally aspiration meanness.

Car.jpg

Cuda.png

Schubeck.png

Last edited:

Cojohnso

Reaction score
Yeah. It's stunning it actually fits in the enginewell. Shock tower and K-frame mods were required. But they were already modded decades ago. So no harm no foul. The idea is that the motor is designed to be 1200 horse at a low 5200 rpm. And pump 91 octane at 10:1 comp. So if one can keep everything around it healthy? It should run 500+ passes. More races are lost in the pits. Not able to make the call. Which I have loads of experience there. Scratching my head and saying. "I wish we had a spare of that!"

Last edited:

Cojohnso

Reaction score
But make it a pretty as some of the E-body's above? Can't have everything?

wedg2go

Reaction score
I'm behind on my '70 Cuda project. Now have sometime? These Covid times takes some of the steam out of ambition? But that needs to stop. The car was too heavily modified way back in the mid 70s for drag racing to bring back to orginal. With the 440 6 pack long gone before I purchased as rolling body 16 years ago. Theme is now a pump gas King Street drag car. With some street capacity. And of course? An over the top motor. 1200 horse of naturally aspiration meanness.

View attachment 70624

View attachment 70625

View attachment 70626

I'm sitting here, staring at the photos, with my lower jaw dropped on my mouse pad of my laptop and thinking to myself, "Amazing! Absolutely amazing!" CoJo, my hat is off to you. An absolute "Engineering Marvel!"

If you ever get around to showing the car - that is if you haven't already - it will, without a doubt, draw a crowd...This includes any given dragstrip.

Cojohnso

Reaction score
The engineering genius really goes to Joe Schubeck. Designed and machined a giant DOHC monster. From drawing board, to block and head foundry, (Yes, the block and heads aluminum poured to custom molds of Joe's design.) machining parts, assemblies, test, tune. His mission started decades ago with design of his Eagle DHOC motor. Being the big three were not pursuing multivalve designs? Both Nascar and NHRA outlawed for class competition. Thus most sales were to motorboat competitions. And a few of crazy outlaw car enthusiasts. Like myself.

CMC

Reaction score
Great lookin' showing of E-Bodies everyone!

I find it odd to think about the number of car show cancellations or the shows in question later in the year. Looking later into the year, makes you wonder what the status is going to be with Carlisle, Mopars At The Strip, Mega Mopar Series at Thunder Mountain (An event I was planning on attending this year – to show) and “Yes”...Even the Woodward Dream Cruise (Another I was planning on some year if I can con my bil to take some time off).

Ah! Looking back at Happier Times! One of my favorite photos taken at Van Nuys – Mopar Spring Fling some years back.

View attachment 70609

BTW - That red on my photo really "Pops!" This one is a scanned photo.

Hey, Wedge2go,,,IS THAT a 1971 HEMI Cuda convertible in the photo behind the Red Challenger???

wedg2go

Reaction score
Yes it is. I was looking to see if I had a photo of this ride. I went through 'several' unorganized boxes of 35mm photos and sadly I don't.

Wondering? Is, or was, this your HEMI Cuda, CMC?

CMC

Reaction score
Yes it is. I was looking to see if I had a photo of this ride. I went through 'several' unorganized boxes of 35mm photos and sadly I don't.

Wondering? Is, or was, this your HEMI Cuda, CMC?
LOL,,,,could have been. Woodley Park long time ago.
I cant remember if I ever showed it there, but I do remember the process of putting it back together....
426 crate motor. :)))

wedg2go

Reaction score
Ah! A long time ago is right. LOL! I really enjoyed that show. Inland Mopars I believe?

A friend talked me into going that year. I spent a lot of time drooling over the e-bodies while he did some parts shopping for his '65 Satellite.

One of these days, when it could ever happen, I would really like to go back.

CMC

Reaction score
So true. There was always something so special about Woodley Park.
Great cars! Beautiful environment, trees, grass, set up...
Ive been to Inland EMP swap meet once.....HOT, HOT,,,,
Cant wait to we get back to these shows S O O N>>>

wedg2go

Reaction score
I came across this article that really hit on some missed points, I overlooked and wanted to express, regarding actually attending a car show and the concept of future virtual car shows.
It's worth a read.
https://www.hemmings.com/stories/20...aily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020-05-01
I'm not implying a virtual car show is a non-suitable replacement for reality. Me and thousands of other spectators will check them out as well (otherwise, I would had never suggested posting up some pics of shows here in this thread by FEBO members).

Back