• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Carburetor choices

Cmuller0420

Reaction score
looking to replace a holly pro-jection system back to a carb.

What are some good choices to pair with a 360?

I’ve read a few posts that recommend the thermoquad carb and have found one rebuilt for about $150 or so...thoughts? Or look at some aftermarket options?

If aftermarket what cfm should I be looking for? Motor will eventually get new heads and pistons, headers etc to get a bit more power out of it (hopefully around 325-350hp

Adam

Reaction score
Do you have a spreadbore manifold, or regular?

The thermoquad is a good spreadbore carb, comes in two sizes, and looks right; but the bottoms of the fuel jet wells, in the plastic main body are glued on, and when they separate it is junk. I had one that was leaking down there and I tried to save it with JB weld, but it would only last a short time, few days... then it runs super rich.

gzig5

Reaction score
Edelbrock AVS2 650cfm or the Street Demon 625 cfm with the poly bowl. I think either should fit in place on a spreadbore intake. The SD is about as close as you can come to a Thermoquad with some improvements and there are parts available for it. AVS2 is on a proven platform and uses annular primaries. I just put a AVS2 on my 340 and it was up and running in no time, much better than the worn out Holley it replaced.

I really wanted a TQ and had access to a NOS Competition model for $100 but lack of tuning parts and previous experience with "old" carbs steered me to a new one.

Back