• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Challenger flip gas cap question

jeryst

Reaction score
What all is involved in adding a flip cap to a Challenger that has a regular cap?

Adam

Reaction score
You need the trim ring, the flip top assembly, and a different gas cap. The assembly is held in with the four screws that hold the filler tube to the 1/4 panel. I have the number of a Motorad locking gas cap that works well with this set up; I will try to post it tomorrow.

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
Pic of my newly installed gas filler tube showing the screws to attach the flip cap!

IMG_5635 (3).jpg

IMG_6007.jpg

jeryst

Reaction score
So basically, just take off the old cap, take out the screws, put on the trim ring and new assembly, and get a new gas cap?

340challconvert

Reaction score
That's it :thumbsup:
Just be careful with choosing a inside gas cap; has to be a correct unit to fit the filler tube slots and under the flip cap correctly!
So basically, just take off the old cap, take out the screws, put on the trim ring and new assembly, and get a new gas cap?

Last edited:

Adam

Reaction score
Motorad MGC -771. It's a locking gas cap, but it's nice and flat.

Joseph Adamek

Reaction score
Watch the trim ring also. I just installed one and it was very loose. Called several companies and no one makes a gasket that goes behind the trim ring. Had to put some clear silicone on it and trim off the excess.

Back