• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Challenger hood badging

raptr

Reaction score
my challenger is a 340 /pistol grip 4 speed / rally dash / big radiator / HD suspension / drums all around / steelies . Should this car have the 340 Four Barrel on the hood? Is there information on fender tag that would tell me ? It has the R/T style hood . Thanks guys !

340challconvert

Reaction score
Dino2 (1).gifWhat year Challenger 340 is it? In 1970 the 340 cars would have an A66 on the fender tag/
The power bulge hood would normally have the metal emblems "340 four barrel".
Very early 340, 1970 Challengers (August through about November) had 340 four barrel decals that looked like the metal emblems with no holes drilled, but only the early cars came like this. Some early 340 challengers came with a flat hood (not to confuse the issue)
If a 340 car came with the power hood it should have the 340 callouts, regardless.

Dino2 (1).gif

raptr

Reaction score
thank you very,very much . It's a 70 , a barn find type car which seems to be untouched but I can't say with absolute certainty that the hood was never replaced but there are no holes that I can find but I have not looked underneath to see if they may have been covered. It does have A66 on tag , right now the car is having a windshield installed so I can't tell you the build day . Should have the car back Fri . Are the very early style decals available ?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
thank you very,very much . It's a 70 , a barn find type car which seems to be untouched but I can't say with absolute certainty that the hood was never replaced but there are no holes that I can find but I have not looked underneath to see if they may have been covered. It does have A66 on tag , right now the car is having a windshield installed so I can't tell you the build day . Should have the car back Fri . Are the very early style decals available ?
We'll need to see some pics of this car and hear some more details for sure!
If it turns out you need the decals let me know, I have them available, I just have to get some more made up.
Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

raptr

Reaction score
We'll need to see some pics of this car and hear some more details for sure!
If it turns out you need the decals let me know, I have them available, I just have to get some more made up.
Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

OK I will try to load photos....not too good with the email machine tho . Perhaps we'll cross paths , I'm about 40 miles north of 8 mile .

raptr

Reaction score
Get the hell out of here!!! My shop is in Royal Oak, where abouts are you?

Lapeer area . This car came out of Detroit , I got it from second owner . He bought it in 1982 . By coincidence-because I didn't know him-he used to cruise Gratiot through the '80s the same time I was so we must have seen each other back then.

raptr

Reaction score
How did you find it and what color is it?

one of my old friends , who wisely kept his cars from back in the day--and has been bugging me for 25 years to get back into muscle cars--told me about it . It's green , I'll try to post pic's soon . I have it back here now , the build date is 10/69 . Stickers on hood or badges ? If stickers I'll be wanting a set .

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Decals for sure! Which green? Des it have the tail stripe? Black interior and top?
I made the call to order more decals, left a message.

raptr

Reaction score
Decals for sure! Which green? Des it have the tail stripe? Black interior and top?
I made the call to order more decals, left a message.

Which green ? I don't know I'd call it medium to dark --metallic . Interior is green . One of the interior panels was scratched and discolored so I bought a can of dye from Year One and according to them it MUST be the color they sent....but it wasn't . What they sent was too light . No vinyl top . Tail stripe is light green--metallic . OK I will get decals from you

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I would say green over green with a green stripe would be a very rare color combo!
I can't wait to see some pics of it and I'll put you down for a pair of the decals.

raptr

Reaction score
I would say green over green with a green stripe would be a very rare color combo!
I can't wait to see some pics of it and I'll put you down for a pair of the decals.

Oh yeah , if green is your favorite color this car is a wet dream . OK let me know when you get the stickers . Is there a spot on this web site that explains how to up load photos?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
If you go down a bit further to the quick reply box just below and click on "go advanced" it will take you to a page where you can add pics to your post.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Here's a couple more. This car is an unrestored survivor car and I'm really liking it!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back