• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Challenger hood pins

Scottyb1955

Reaction score
Since I got zero help from moparts... not a surprise, I'll ask here. Can anyone help me with the finish of the hood pins on a 71 challenger with a steel hood (shaker if it matters) ie: chrome, brushed, smooth, etc. & safety pin cable length ie: 18", 23"? I have 3 or 4 new in the box sets that I got in a load of parts when I bought some cars but I'm pretty sure they are for fiberglass hoods. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Adam

Reaction score
I don’t know about the hood pins, but please post some pics of the gold convertible...

rbbruno3

Reaction score
I have a 70 Cuda hood that I have had since mid 70s . The finish on these I would say are a brushed finish. Can’t help on the cables as all I have left from that car is this hood.

*If you google 81 mile Hemi Cuda there are lots of pictures. Particularly one of the DS hood. Hard to tell but they do not look shiny chrome like the bumper

Last edited:

aussiemark

Reaction score
My Cuda has very old ( I am sure they are original) lock pins and the pins and bezels look like very shiny stainless steel. When you watch the old adverts on You Tube they look like this too. I think the Cuda has 23"and the Challenger has 18" lanyards. I bought some new ones from Dales Cuda Shop the pins, rubber gaskets and the bezels are very good but the lanyard ends and the washers for the pins are different from the originals.

Last edited:
Back