• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Challenger T/A Project

joecola

Reaction score
Hello all.
I have been around cars and have a 66 GTO that I purchased and shipped back to NY in 1989 in original condition we the exception of the paint. Striped the car and redid the car inside and out in 2005.

After harassing my HS buddy he sold me his 1970 Challenger T/A matching numbers that has been garaged since 1989. Came with a ton of spare parts and additionally, I have ordered and awaiting on some body panels.

Plan is to clean up chassis, pull motor/tranny, interior and get some paint and redo interior which is pretty clean.

Any suggestions are welcomed....

Car came with a R35 option and i am looking for one of these rare items....

I do have some spare parts that I have acquired and will post later on.

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

joecola

Reaction score
Thank you,

Yes that is original paint Have 2 new OEM T/A fenders and awaiting rear quarters. interior is Black and in good shape, but i will rip it out replace headliner and rug and inspect seat padding

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas!
Very cool Joe! I look forward to seeing the progress

moparlee

Reaction score
Hi Joe, welcome to the site from Michigan!
Looks like your TA has some good bones. Keep us posted on your progress.

Rapidfire

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Joe! Nice T/A project. Thanks for the pics and definitely keep us posted on your progress! Lots of good info and knowledgeable people here! 😀

joecola

Reaction score
Thank you, and yes i will do it justice..

Any info on a R35 radio would be appreciated. Car original
had one and someone replaced it with an AM..

70chall440

Reaction score
Check the broadcast sheet

R3569-71AM/FM Stereo Radio (10 Watts)

R35 AM/FM Multiplex Stereo Radio

Coded R35 = (1970-74) 10 watt AM/FM stereo. Car will have a three speaker dash with speaker grills and three speakers with wiring. This setup requires a crossover box. The package tray will not have perforations for rear speakers. There will not be a rear speaker fader, or any other speaker wiring. The fender (or quarter panel on trans am cars) will have a hole for an antennae, and an antennae will be present with a lead going to the radio.

Coded H31, R35 = (1970-74) 10 watt AM/FM stereo. Car will have a three speaker dash with speaker grills and three speakers with wiring. This setup requires a crossover box. The package tray will have perforations in both sides. The right side is used as an air intake for the defogger. There will not be a rear speaker fader, or any other speaker wiring. The fender (or quarter panel on trans am cars) will have a hole for an antennae, and an antennae will be present with a lead going to the radio. The rear window defogger will have all of its parts and wiring, but will not come with an adapter housing for attaching a rear speaker.

Coded R35, R31 = (1970 only) 10 watt AM/FM stereo. Car will have a three speaker dash with speaker grills and three speakers with wiring. This setup requires a crossover box. The car will also have two rear speakers with wiring. The package tray will have perforations in both sides. A rear speaker fader (dual rheostat) will be present near the heater controls on rallye dash equipped cars, or on the underside of the instrument bezel near the fuel gauge on cars without the rallye dash. The fender (or quarter panel on trans am cars) will have a hole for an antennae, and an antennae will be present with a lead going to the radio.

Back