• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Changing 7 Qt oil pan without pulling the engine over new paint?

Lime Lite 70

Reaction score
I have to change a 7 Qt oil pan and don't want to pull the motor to do it. I know it is easier when out of the car but any one have any tips to make it easier with it still in the car? Any comments will be welcome. Lime Lite 70

70chall440

Reaction score
2 options, jack up the engine and support it or drop the engine out the bottom (along with the K frame and associated bits).If it were me, I'd lift the motor up off the mounts high enough to change it out (assuming you are doing it on the floor and not on a lift). If you are doing it on a lift then I would lift the engine and block it up with 2x4's or whatever, then lift the car up and swap out the pan, then reverse the process.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Disconnect the center link & swing it out of the way or remove it entirely , the only tight part is at the front at the K frame .

Lime Lite 70

Reaction score
2 options, jack up the engine and support it or drop the engine out the bottom (along with the K frame and associated bits).If it were me, I'd lift the motor up off the mounts high enough to change it out (assuming you are doing it on the floor and not on a lift). If you are doing it on a lift then I would lift the engine and block it up with 2x4's or whatever, then lift the car up and swap out the pan, then reverse the process.
Thanks for the feed back I am working of the floor and every thing is almost ready to start this project. the hoist is ready and to go.

Back