• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Clips for Rear Window Trim

R4Sedan

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody had a diagram on clip placement on rear window for '70 Challenger. I also don't have these circled do I need these. thanks.

windshield clips.jpg

moparlee

Reaction score
I will need to look around, I have a picture somewhere. You don't need those metal spacers. Most glass installers just use hard rubber spacers on the bottom of the glass to hold it in position.

R4Sedan

Reaction score
I will need to look around, I have a picture somewhere. You don't need those metal spacers. Most glass installers just use hard rubber spacers on the bottom of the glass to hold it in position.
Thanks for the reply. Did you happen to find the picture of clip placement?

douglas17

Reaction score
I have a picture , it is not real clear but if you look close the long clips are on the second hole over on the bottom of window hole. These clips set the height of the glass (important) to set glass height because in the end it makes a difference in of how trim fits the curve in the glass. helps make trim fit tight to glass. Its one of the small things that will be noticed later when its to late fix with out removing glass AGAIN.

DSCF5136.JPG

Mike H

Reaction score
Great help on the location of the 2 long glass spacers.
There 6 regular clips across the top, 3 clips on each side and 8 clips along the bottom. Plus 2 long spacers.
All spaced evenly. You can see there isn't a clip in the corners from the great pictures.
But what I don't know is the correct drill bit size for these holes.
Does anybody know the correct size?

Rapidfire

Reaction score
I would try a 7/64 bit on a piece of scrap sheet metal the same gauge and see how I works. That should be close, might have to work up from there. Sometimes I go to the numbered drill bits to get the in between size I need. The original screw are a #5 .125 root diameter and are not self taping. I also used my original tapered rubber spacers to get my glass spacing on the bottom then I made good rubber spacers for the glass to set on once i put the butyl tape on. Also made rubber blocks for each side so once the glass was installed it was the same gap side to side. Once you have the glass set on the butyl tape make sure you check for leaks. Take your compressed air hose and go inside the car and lightly blow around the seal and put a Kleenex on the outside where you are blowing, if the Kleenex moves just a little then you have a leak in that area so mark that area and find out why there is air movement. Hope this helps

image.jpeg

Mike H

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips.
I used a 1/8" drill where there is only one layer if steel. And a #30 which is slightly larger were there is 2 layers of steel.

Back