• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Cold case 26" radiator

Tom Frost

Reaction score
Anyone use one? Need input if so. They say their 2 core (1.25" cores) cool better than a 3 or 4 core aluminum radiator. Would like some real world input. Thanks.

gzig5

Reaction score
Interested in what you get for feedback. This is the route I'm looking to take as well. I've heard very good reviews, and for something that isn't an original style restoration with increased power, it is the way to go IMO.

Ccas

FEBO Vendor
FEBO Vendor
Reaction score
not sure why but we have a LOT of users on the A, B and C body forums. You'll get the type of feedback you need there.

Drivun

Reaction score
No experience with CC but agree with using 2 row crossflow 1 1/2 " tubes. Google comparison and you'll find this is modern technology that improves air flow thru the tubes, lengthens travel time across the tube, and aluminum offers better heat dissipation. I am running this set up on 3 resto mods - 383 El Camino, 383 66 Vette and the 408 Challenger. We have long hauled 13 early June Power Tours, 2 cars at a time, so about 70,000 miles real world experience. Talking heat as high as 105F and lines as long as 2 hours. Did a week in June in Texas. Tiny engine bay in the vette.
chal rad.JPG
Never had a problem.
Also use a good electric puller fan. Used $100 4500 cfm Lincoln MkVIII fan/trimmed shroud in El Camino has done all 13 tours. The Challenger needed a dual fan for adequate spacing around water pump pulley, so I got a 3500 cfm $100 Contour fan from Rock Auto and trimmed its shroud to fit.

Tom Frost

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Sounds like the CC two core is the way to go. Appreciate the real-world advice.

Back