• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Color of seam sealer used in trunk?

340challconvert

Reaction score
I epoxied the new trunk floor.
The seam sealer color used around the inside trunk seams should be white, correct?

The old sealer between the floor and extensions and along the inside of the wheel wells/trunk floor would also be white.
Under the carpet the seam sealer was a thicker black putty type sealer and would be different.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Going through parts I have had for 40 years
In 1980 there was a Chrysler Parts find number to locate parts across the US by part number.
I found this part sitting in a dealership in the mid-west. Paid $29.00 for an NOS right side Challenger tail light chrome surround. Wish they had the other side. At the time there were different parts scattered throughout the country in dealerships in parts departments they were just trying to clear out. Got a few parts this way back then. Had to take it out and just see how the fit was on the A66.

IMG_5559.jpg

IMG_5557 (2).jpg

moparlee

Reaction score
I epoxied the new trunk floor.
The seam sealer color used around the inside trunk seams should be white, correct?

The old sealer between the floor and extensions and along the inside of the wheel wells/trunk floor would also be white.
Under the carpet the seam sealer was a thicker black putty type sealer and would be different.
Agree. The black stuff in the interior under the carpeting in my cars was kinda like an asphalt based thick putty.

Back