• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

cowl and rad support numbers

Rocky

Reaction score
Hi to everyone,
I have a question about my cowl and rad support numbers it has a I in its number B3 I87I63 does anyone know what it reference see pictures.
IMG_0505.JPG
IMG_0506.JPG

moparlee

Reaction score
Looks like Ma Mopar used an I rather than a 1. Does the number match your fender tag and dash vin plate

Rocky

Reaction score
Thanks, that's what I was thinking. Unfortunately the fender tag is missing and vin on dash does not match these didgets, dash must had come from a different car at one time.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
In some ways, that sucks. In others not so bad.

with a vin that doesn't match the cars born with vin it creates a titled car that can be built into the absolute best promod available today. Or build it anyway you want. If it's not currently titled you should get that title before you put any more money into the car. That is the only tricky place when dealing with revined cars. Very common actually with mopars since all the vins were on the removable dash's.
I hope you have a current title.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
For your body numbers, there are 2 possible VIN's for 73. JH23G3B187163 or JH23H3B187163. You may want to check registries to see if either of the VIN's are registered anywhere. Most likely they are not and your VIN was added to a body that had a lost VIN.

BS27R1B

Reaction score
Don’t sweat it.
The cowl and radiator support numbers are identical with the figure used in both places the same digit.
Get to work and don’t worry about it. That ‘issue’ is clearly from the factory.
I have crossed the border with bigger issues with a VIN and could explain it to Customs on both sides well enough I got through and the car got Titled in it’s new location.
Just ensure the Title match’s the dash VIN

Rocky

Reaction score
In some ways, that sucks. In others not so bad.

with a vin that doesn't match the cars born with vin it creates a titled car that can be built into the absolute best promod available today. Or build it anyway you want. If it's not currently titled you should get that title before you put any more money into the car. That is the only tricky place when dealing with revined cars. Very common actually with mopars since all the vins were on the removable dash's.
I hope you have a current title.
Yes I Have car title in my name and vin numbers matches title.

Last edited:

Huskidrive

Reaction score
Mine are the same, 70 Challenger, I's instead of ones. I bought the car in 1973 second owner.....
IMG_0842.JPG
IMG_0841.JPG

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Cuda hunter, hope y can ck all #s on my car when i can get to post em. I dont know alot about them but seems your on it. Finishing the 68 barracuda 1st. In alignment shop till monday and a few gremlins in there but will work thru them. 1 by 1 till monster is complete. Cant wait to dig in to the challenger tho. Gonna be careful with any work related mods on that 1. Its crazy to build a car from scratch and develop interest in another before final finishing but thats happening. Gotta keep the focus tho. At alignment shop for the weekend!

20200101_171225.jpg

20200101_205938.jpg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
This picture is of my L code 70 barracuda M46 car.
You can see it appears to have a 1 then an I.

I love the numbers. Since I was not around when these cars were popular and on the road I really like learning about them and the codes are a ton of information.

OldComputerHardDrive 2541.jpg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Since your showing off your A body I figure I should show mine as well.
I know the feeling of having a car and then falling in love with another car. We're men. It's natural to love many!

imagejpeg_3.jpg

imagejpeg_0_31.jpg

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Thats a wild 1! Love that spoiler. Not many would look right on that car but I gotta say thats pretty cool.

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
$@#%! U get snow down there? I gotta talk with the shop on alignment. Kept me waiting all friday to say he got issues. Pass side came in spec but dr side was an issue. Think he is going for factory spec. I got qa1 uca's and gonna give him a load of info updates tomorrow from the site. Shoulda did alignment myself after aquiring all the knowledge. He is a great ASE cert. mechanic but, also a chevy guy and might not know the advanced setup and got confused. So sat and sun closed and thus, 1 more day till completed. And my phila eagles sucked again..

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
The build has started. Im gonna paint the engine bay back in tx9 while the motor is getting some minor machine work. Here is some #s i pulled so far. Most of the build sheet must have got sucked up in a vacuum years ago but it did have the vin on it.

20200202_193924.jpg

20200202_193353.jpg

Back