• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Crane pushrods

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am trying to find two pushrods and a rocker arm. They were made by crane. The pushrod number is CRN-69690-16 and the rocker arm is CRN-69791-1. At the very least I need is one pushrod. Is there anyone that could make a pushrod?

bent pushrod.jpg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Smith Bros in Bend Oregon , great service maybe get 3 so you have spares !!
Or order new set of 16 tailor made for you spring rate & you will have 15 spares LOL

Last edited:

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
There are some possibilities ,
If the valve springs are weak the valve train can get loose & hammer back into contact
If a valve floats & hits a piston that can bend a pushrod .
A broken spring will cause that also .
A collapsed lifter can also cause clearance in the valve train .
It is worth doing a compression test & inspecting the springs closely .

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
First I would remove rockers from shaft.Keep in order for further investigation.did rocker seize up on shaft.Is there oil flow. valve guide seized?

Last edited:

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Or overtightening the rocker shafts causing them to crush into an oval & & seizing a rocker

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
If every thing looks ok on top. pull the intake check lifter bore. maybe seized or over sized egg shape and hung up. Turn engine over by hand.look through push rod hole.or hold a push rod in place.see if lifter moves up and down freely.

Last edited:

Yella71

Reaction score
Are you asking me to fly there & disassemble the engine until i can determine a cause ?
No I just asked what caused the bent push rod and got a thousand scenarios of what can cause bent push rods. I know all the things that can cause bent push rods. I didnt ask that . I want to know what caused YOUR bent push rod. I dont know where you are in relation to where your motor is, how would I? im in front of my computer screen. I just assumed you were with your engine. the way I fix things is I find out what caused the issue and fix that. push rods dont just bend something caused it to bend. and that is what I wanted to know. sorry for the confusion. I just re read the post Its not even your car why would you answer the post like its your engine?

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I know what CAN cause that , I want to know what DID cause that
My crystal ball is snowy right now. I can't tell you or the other. you have to tear it down.and inspect the parts. the knowledge here goes way beyond any ones imagination. I'm not talking about me. there just here to help. Thanks everyone for your input It's always food for thought! It could be a twisted block. you have to tear it down.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I saw a 440 race engine , well built & a lot of $$ spent , destroyed simply because the rockers shafts were overtorqued , a rocker froze on a crushed / ovalled shaft , it was discolored from heat . This held the valve open , the piston hit the valve breaking it & the piston , the connecting rod cut the engine in 1/2 , all that was left was maybe 1 head although once the cam was cut in 1/2 those valves would be stuck open so I doubt it , the carb , intake , dist & timing chain !!
A very simple & costly mistake ...

Back