1. Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Crossover and mystery light location?

Interior / Trim

1. jayco91

jayco91 Member

Wondering were does the stereo crossover box mount to? Has 2 flanges with small slotted holes in it. Service manual looks like it mounts to left side of glove box? Not very good location if you ask me. What am I not seeing. Also have this light with yellow wire. Socket has metal tab with a blue cover. Doesn't look like it would put out enough light to say so. Thought it was the glove box light but now I am not so sure.

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

2. DetMatt1

DetMatt1 Well-Known Member

The light looks like the one that would mount at the left end of the instrument cluster light bar that would shine over the switches.

• Like Like x 1
  3. moparlee

moparlee Well-Known Member

The cross over box does indeed mount to the left side of the glove box liner. Here is mine.
    DSCF1014.JPG DSCF1015.JPG

4. jayco91

jayco91 Member

Thanks, just seems odd to me. Just 2 screws thru the side after it is installed. Never again!

5. HooToTheCore

HooToTheCore Well-Known Member

The screws for the cross over go from inside the glove box through the cardboard and thread into the ears on the crossover. There should be dimples on the inside of the glove box indicating where the screws go through.

6. jayco91

jayco91 Member

Thanks, I found them.