• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

cuda door noise

mistreta

Reaction score
I get a vibration rattle noise in my 72 cuda that I would like to find. I think the sound is from inside the door. I did read that when the cuda was in pre production one of the issues they worked on was problems with the door being so large, keeping the window and the workings
quiet. They put something against the window to keep things from moving around. I tried to remove one inside door panel, got to the inside door lock, could not see how it came apart. What am I missing? Anyone have this noise?

Thank you

terrywalker

Reaction score
I get a vibration rattle noise in my 72 cuda that I would like to find. I think the sound is from inside the door. I did read that when the cuda was in pre production one of the issues they worked on was problems with the door being so large, keeping the window and the workings
quiet. They put something against the window to keep things from moving around. I tried to remove one inside door panel, got to the inside door lock, could not see how it came apart. What am I missing? Anyone have this noise?

Thank you
To clarify, did you get the inside door panel off? To remove the inside door lock handle, loosen the lock handle bolt and slide it off the rod while removing the door panel. It will fall off into the door pull cup. There's adjustable felt or rubber covered brackets that keep a very slight pressure against the door glass. I hope this helps. There's also the door handle rods that are covered in a cloth sleeve that prevent them from coming in a metal to metal contact with the door frame and creating a rattle noise. Lots of parts in the door to rattle.
Terry

mistreta

Reaction score
Thank you Terry hope to get a look at it today, let you know what I find

RJHJR

Reaction score
Look for the plastic clips on the end of the latch/handle rods. Makes a racket if the are missing or loose.

Back